ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bought the new car, its mint but ....

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
The service book has been stamped for the cambelt having been done on the last service. But, there is no paperwork to back it up. I kept meaning to ask to see proof etc but we got chatting, driving, he seemed a real nice genuine guy & Im too trusting in people. Cut a long story short I've rung Renault, they have no trace of a cambelt change, rung the garage that stamped the cambelt change (not renault) & they have no record of it having been done by them :S

Yes, I am a trusting tw*t! I have rung the seller & he is adimant it had been changed, re assuring me not to worry & that he has the reciept/paperwork but has misplaced it. He will call me tomorrow. Im not happy to say the least, my own fault but just wish people would be truthful.

Its bloody lovely apart from that! Really immaculate, 1 owner from new.

Climate
Mint Recaro's
Auto xenons

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_3197.jpg

Nothing I can do, is there? Just accept its not been done & get it done I suppose? I could try & get some cash back from the seller but doubt that would happen. Prices of belt changes!?

Cheers

SG boost'd 200
Looks like a mint car you've managed to get yourself there!
Full fat with Recaros im assuming?

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
I will get it done as Im not taking the risk. Just bloody annoying!

She needs new discs/pads & rear tyres too.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
197>200.

Looks lurvly!

You never know he might find the paperwork?

172 cup
if it was done not to long ago , then take the car around to the garage that has stamped the book one of the mechanics should be able to remmber if they did it or not .

Ouch, that sucks but it's always the case of buyer beware :(

I hope you paid a good price, might be mint but with discs, pads and 2 tyres + cambelt (if he doesn't plump up for the paperwork) you're looking at another grand I'd have thought.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
I have just had a txt from the seller, assuring me if its not been done then he will pay for it to be done. Said he was sure the garage had done it though. I can't go to the garage, its in kent! :(

Im still pleased with her, really nice car.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I have just had a txt from the seller, assuring me if its not been done then he will pay for it to be done. Said he was sure the garage had done it though. I can't go to the garage, its in kent! :(

Do they not have a phone ?

That's a very nice gesture from the seller, not many would do that.

Hope it's all sorted with no problems as it looks a very nice car.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

How can he not know if its been done? As in he's said it has, but now saying if its not been done, he will pay? It should only have been done last year?

lOLz

Audi A5
Looks very nice. So how many days will be before it pops up in the clio media section looking in show room condition in front of planes? ;)

clio 172 cup
lovely car! :) i had similar situation in regards to belts being done when i bought mine i said to him although you appear genuine guy ive never met you before and unless youve got receipts then i have to presume its not been done so we agreed that we'd go halfs on a belt change

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be the first one to say it. Your old Flamer sh*ts all over that. Enjoy it though :)

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Not a fan of red cars unless it's a Ferrari. Think the 200 looks better than the 197, and wasn't the 197 meant to be a bit of a let down? It's clean though, seller is obviously a r****d too with regards the belts

172 cup
Looks very nice dawn, you did hang around changing cars! How does it feel to drive speed wise and handling to Daisy?

Mini Cooper S sport
Looks lovely.

It's a bit weird that he says they've been done .. yet then offers to pay. Anyway, if he DOES pay, then he's clearly a nice guy.

350Z
Definitely a shady situation.. on the plus side the car looks bootiful, needs a scrub up with photographic evidence of the outcome (and some gentle slamming!).

If it were me I'd be obliged to send pictures of the car to the garage, if they insist they don't remember it then consider waterboarding the seller.

Or you could calmly, yet firmly request he sources the money for the work, but do consider waterboarding.

Mk3 Megane 250
Best Colour, i may be a bit biased tho ;)

Discs and pads are not to bad if you get them of G172 from here

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It needs cambelt/tyres/discs/pads..... ?!

I hope it was cheap!

Recaro's xenons and Silver wheels are full of win though. Shame you have to spend £1k on it however.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Cheers guys, its a real pleasure to drive. Feels solid & goes well too.

The seller said he will refund me £500 tonight ....