ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonging noise when on full lock

172 Cup
recently when turning the steering I'm getting a bong noise when in nearly full lock it only does it when the car is moving I've tried going lock to lock when stationary and it doesn't do it sounds similar to when I had a snapped spring on a Saxo but I've jacked it up and checked and I can see any sign of that any ideas?

172 Cup
it does have pms solid top mounts about 3 yrs old I think I'm not sure what the life expectancy is on them

1.2 16v Mk2 Ph2
My car had been recently doing this, I thought it could be the steering rack or the bearings. Took it into a garage today and the driveshaft has gone, fitting a new one tomorrow will update on price!

172 Cup
My car had been recently doing this, I thought it could be the steering rack or the bearings. Took it into a garage today and the driveshaft has gone, fitting a new one tomorrow will update on price!
I hope it's not the driveshaft on mine I could do without anymore big bills at the moment but thanks for the input did they say what part of the driveshaft had failed to cause the noise?

Golf Gti edition 30
I had clanging / boining sounds coming from the front end when the car was moving slowly on full lock on my old trophy.Sounded like the suspension springs clanging.I replaced the anti roll bar bushes,track rod ends and ball joints.Dont know what part it was but it never did it again.

1.2 16v Mk2 Ph2
I hope it's not the driveshaft on mine I could do without anymore big bills at the moment but thanks for the input did they say what part of the driveshaft had failed to cause the noise?
Sorry he didn't elaborate on the part that went wrong, just the drive shaft as a whole, and it ended up costing £101, this was a discounted price (mates rates). Although it may not be your drive shaft as there are many things which could have gone wrong. Your best bet is to go and get it checked out by a garage and then take it from there!