ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Clio 172 ph2 from Russia

Clio 172 ph2
Best of luck with the rebuild :) Do you find it difficult buying performance parts in Russia?

They are available here, but too expencive - so I prefer to buy most parts in UK or USA. The main problem is to get some heavy parts - like cranckshaft or cylinder head as soon as very few sellers are ready to send them to Russia :(

Already got most of parts for new build. Now I need do decide what to do:
1) Bore 83mm with Woessner piston and all other standard parts
2) Bore 84mm with Clio Maxi pistons and +4mm ConRods
3) Bought some Sodemo F4R engine from Formula 3 car - with dry sump etc. But need to buy more parts for dry sump: pump, tank etc and it is out of my budjet now :(

Last edited:
  Clio 172 ph2
JE Pistons from Clio Maxi

Attachments

• IMG_9104.JPG
    IMG_9104.JPG
    154.2 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_9106.JPG
    IMG_9106.JPG
    165.3 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_9107.JPG
    IMG_9107.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_9109.JPG
    IMG_9109.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 174
  340i
Yes mate I'd imagine so. Bring me your block and I'll drop my 197 crank in it if you wanted to know 100%.

That sounds like a plan, once my block comes back from the machine shop I will pop over with it. Where in Derbyshire are you? - PM if you wish :)

Clio 172 ph2
Some bad news from our local timeattack championship ... It seems that I need more then 100kg of weight with my current 2.0L engine. Or build some new 1.8L engine :(

Any ideas about Renault's F4P engine? It seems the only difference is the cranckshaft and pistons, isn't it?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Some bad news from our local timeattack championship ... It seems that I need more then 100kg of weight with my current 2.0L engine. Or build some new 1.8L engine :(

Any ideas about Renault's F4P engine? It seems the only difference is the cranckshaft and pistons, isn't it?

Ive only got experience of the F7P vs F7R, but in that instance the bore is slightly smaller as well as the shorter stroke.

Clio 172 ph2
Ive only got experience of the F7P vs F7R, but in that instance the bore is slightly smaller as well as the shorter stroke.

The stroke is shorter, hoever I have +4 mm com rods. I am not worry about pistons at all as soon as I can easily make the custom pistons. The main question is the crank - the custom crank is very expensive ...

Clio 172 ph2
Got some Sodemo F4R-based engine (seems from some Formula 3 car). The bottom is very ddifferent, however the head seems to fit the standard bottom well. So will try to build the new engine with this head:

5a51fd3037fa.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio 172 ph2
Got the crank from 1.8L F4P engine !!! Looks good, weight 11.8kg only and fit my F4R steel flywheel perfectly!!!!

372c3806b837.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Have you considered going a bit further and going for the rollcentre kit a couple of the lads on here do, rather than just bump steer correction?

If you are running the car low the wishbone angles are really poor and I was amazed at the handling difference from the roll centre correctors.

Like this:

20C710CD-BA56-4E4A-8E5E-D551976D41BC-154-0000000BC56268CB_zps6c9a444c.jpg

Clio 172 ph2
Have you considered going a bit further and going for the rollcentre kit a couple of the lads on here do, rather than just bump steer correction?

If you are running the car low the wishbone angles are really poor and I was amazed at the handling difference from the roll centre correctors.

Yes, this is close to what I want to do - make it lower and wider. However I want to do this with PM's wishbones, so I need to buy Lanuna uprights and hubs etc - to small time as soon as our local championship will start it two weeks and I have a lot of things to do before this (including 150 mm con rods etc)...

Clio 172 ph2
Make new brake disks, with AP Racing rotors and floating mount (right) - size is near the same (285mmx25.4 mm) but with bigger P.S.D. and Air Gap. Will weight both tomorrow (forgot my scales today):

14b166060f8b.jpg

Clio 172 ph2
I personally dont race at the moment, just do trackdays so no such rules, but yes a lot of our championships here which the clios are eligable to do not allow in car adjustable bias.

I take part only in some local semi-professional timeattack championship, however I have two garage neiborhoods - one take partin RTCC, another one take part in RRC - and both use in car adjustable bias. Really I hope that as soon as I will select of true front/rear master cylinders (currently I have both 0.625") - then I will no longer need balahce bar, just proportioning valve will be enouth!!!

And what about Proportioning Valves - are they allowed in UK?

Clio 172 ph2
Re brake disks above. Left is 5.5kg (12.125 lbs), Right is 4 kg (8.82 lbs). The original like Brembo High Carbon is 7.25kg (16 lbs).

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I take part only in some local semi-professional timeattack championship, however I have two garage neiborhoods - one take partin RTCC, another one take part in RRC - and both use in car adjustable bias. Really I hope that as soon as I will select of true front/rear master cylinders (currently I have both 0.625") - then I will no longer need balahce bar, just proportioning valve will be enouth!!!

And what about Proportioning Valves - are they allowed in UK?

Usual thing is that they are allowed so long as not within drivers reach and there is normally a minimum amount of bias that the rears must have as well.