ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black 172 Track Car Project

BMW E36 328
Wow just read through your whole project thread mate and its brilliant, perfect example of hat a 172 track car should be, just got to enjoy it now.

ugly-girl1.jpg

i dont know. might put the R888's on both. Or one set with normal tyres or wet racing tyres. we'll see

TrackCar & F30 330d
No they are not terrible, not really that great for standing water but fine when in the wet.

In a perfect world be great to have a set of slicks and a set of wets. but not road legal to get to the tracks

100% fine in the wet if you're not acting like a hero, standing water is OK if there is tread on them, not so much if they are nearly bald - but its easy to adjust your driving style dependant on conditions with them IMO

Disastra Coupe
Looks very nice this does - a lot of decent gear going into it aswell. Shall keep an eye on it :)

there is, got the loom done finally as i couldnt sleep looking at it a mess so took it out for the 52nd time and chopped everything i didnt need out. looks much better now, but no pictures yet as the snow brought a sudden stop to it.

next is to refit the dash and then there really is just a few little niggly bits to get sorted

Right then, started to put the dash back in today, bit awkward since all of the mounting points had to be chopped out for the cage but got there

Took it out so long ago couldnt remember what half the screws were for :eek:

DSC02436.gif

DSC02439.gif

Started to chop my spare bit of carbon up for the blanks, will eventually mount a few more switches there for the heated windscreen etc.

DSC02432.gif

DSC02437.gif

DSC02438.gif

DSC02444.gif

DSC02445.gif

DSC02447.gif

DSC02450.gif

DSC02442.gif

DSC02448.gif

Then sorted the rear harness out, got some conduit, still waiting on some larger conduit for the last bit of it.

Was a right pain in the arse splitting it all to get it all the way to the ends and soldering it back together

DSC02452.gif

DSC02453.gif

DSC02454.gif

DSC02455.gif

Just aquick update today, was so cold outside rigged a little heater up inside the car to keep me warm! lol

Finally tackled the heated windscreen, so sat down at the table then went and wired it in. Fingers crossed it works, seems fine on the multimeter just need the window to ice over to see if all is well.

IMG_0246.gif

I need to order a relay holder.

IMG_0248.gif

and then a toggle switch that will go in the carbon, just need to add another fuse before the switch just incase

IMG_0251.gif

these dark nights are no good!

I'm going to rewire the window switches onto toggles if i can so that i dont have to butcher my dash to fit the original switches. hopefully get that done next weekend.

Had lot of fun working in the rain this morning

IMG_0255.gif

off with the old wheels, in with the new, am gonna miss them a bit but im not gonna bother keeping a spare set as i will never be taking them with me

IMG_0260.gif

Dont know if its a new thing that speedline do or if they have always done it but the send me some little badges for the wheel bolts, so gave them quick blast with HT paint and stuck them on (not sure howlong they will stay on before they come off!)

IMG_0265.gif

IMG_0261.gif

IMG_0268.gif

Didnt bother getting any descent photos of the car as it is looking like shite at the moment!

IMG_0272.jpg

DSC02456.gif

Quick pic of the new tailpipe fitted, Ave got some new exhaust mounts to go on so will straighten it up when am back on the car

IMG_0256.gif

And then all the little bolts i used decided to turn a nice orangey colour of the cold weather, so i give them a quick blast of paint whils doing the wheel bolts

IMG_0273.gif

IMG_0275.gif

Also fitted my new window regulator as the other snapped and the window has been open for about 2 months now,no pics though as its pretty boring stuff!

02 Clio 172
Thats inspiring stuff there, I'm not quite sure if I'd have the patience. I got a little annoyed over spraying my badges!

cheers for the comments, some things do take ages to do and it does get annoying alot of the times.

Got the windows working again today, had a problem with the drivers side but it turned out i had one of the pins in the wrong pin number on the control plug...... took me ages to find it after pretty much checking everything with the multimeter!! :dapprove:

Just ordered some some 6 pole toggle switches so i can wire them onto toggles, gonna have to figure out how they work though first, no doubt that will take 6 hours

Still need to finish the rear harness off and put a new 12v socket in (for the satnav) and then the wiring should finally be done!

just a quick update, finished the rear harness off, will get some pics up if its succesful.

spent an age making some little brackets to hold the switch panel, and drilled it ready for the switches to be fitted

excuse the photo quality..... phone again!

IMG_0279.gif

IMG_0283.gif

IMG_0284.gif

Hoping to get the rest of the wiring sorted at the weekend!

Howell

ClioSport Club Member
  172, Crafter, A3
love this! cracking work mate, everything seems to be done to the highest standard possible!

keep it up