ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bit of a pain

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
so it seems this new car is a bit of a pain to insure!

greenlight wont insure me because im too young to have a car of the value im asking.

sky wont insure the misses until shes passed for 2 years (literally a few days away)

admiral are being a bit of a nightmare because of existing policies. and they think that the new st is 2.5 not 2.0

can anyone think of any other insurers that will be competitive for a young driver on a new focus st?

what a ballache!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Go with Sky and do an MTA for when your missus passes if it's only a few days away?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Go with Sky and do an MTA for when your missus passes if it's only a few days away?

trouble is its £100 more expensive than admiral and admiral have already got the misses on the policy.
what i dont want to happen is go with sky then in a few days when the misses has been passed for 2 years it goes up even more

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Brentacre?

Sky customer service seems a bit hit and miss ime, maybe pm sky on here (think ollie is the guys name) and explain the situation and see what he can suggest. I know they were willing to consider me as 21 when my renewal was due just a few days before my birthday but I had to pm them on here to get that.

DB.

BMW 440i
Brentacre?

Sky customer service seems a bit hit and miss ime, maybe pm sky on here (think ollie is the guys name) and explain the situation and see what he can suggest. I know they were willing to consider me as 21 when my renewal was due just a few days before my birthday but I had to pm them on here to get that.

agreed, I requested a call back and didn't get one. Greenlight called back the next day, safe to say it was Greenlight who received my custom.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
tried brentachre just now and they said they cant compete with admiral even though they had the same criteria as sky they let her on there because shes over 21.

flux quoted me over £2k because of her lol

spoke to luke in sky, hes a nice guy. always end up with him when im getting quotes and he is very helpful. hopefully the insurers will see this and give me some sort of advice

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
flol! just had adrian flux' quote through e-mail. the guy said it was £2k

try £3660 ha!

does he think its a 1.2 clio or something?

Cup In bits
Elephant always good to young drivers with performance motors, stick your mum preferably and possibly your dad on there if they have had a fairly clear history. It will bring it down a good bit, works for me anyways.

107 Track Car & C4
Elephant always good to young drivers with performance motors, stick your mum preferably and possibly your dad on there if they have had a fairly clear history. It will bring it down a good bit, works for me anyways.

Elephant were crap with me. Wanted nearly £500 more than what I'm paying now with Greenlight.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Elephant have been my cheapest quote on my current car and my previous one.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I think insurers are into that trick now tbh as whenever I add my mum or dad, either or, or both it goes up no matter what.

the only time it comes down is if I add the misses.

to top it off now ford won't give me the 7day drive away insurance because I'm too young lol.

f**k INSURERS!!!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks chip will give them a go.

admirals quote just shot up £150 because I put the misses as driving for 2 years 9 months not 1 year 11 months.

start groveling to sky lol

Ford Mustang 5.0
Jaff

I dont mind looking at a quote for you. Drop me a PM with your contact details and i'll call you straight back.

Best Rate
Neil
Greenlight
01277 376000

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, more expensive than admiral. But nigh on identical.

gonna give sky another go now as I've found out there's only a week in it

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Yeah, more expensive than admiral. But nigh on identical.

gonna give sky another go now as I've found out there's only a week in it

Elephant/Admiral/Bell are the same company FYI mate.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I did but I was relying on the 7 day free drive away insurance ford offer you. That would have tied me over to April where I could have started fresh and the misses would have been driving for 2 years.

but as it turns out ford won't give me the insurance on the st because I'm too young.

i had done a few quotes before hand so I had a ballpark figure that I'm happy with its just sorting these little details out now

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Well if sky don't pull through for me I may have to but I'm being a spoilt child and I want my new toy!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
just pick it up next week instead then?

This.

The driveaway insurance is a joke tbh. When I had it the literature the dealers have mention no details about age restrictions, the dealers know nothing of restrictions and when you call to activate it they don't realise you're too young until they have asked all the million and one questions and their screen rejects you due to age.

I guess under 25's buying 'performance' cars from dealers is pretty rare so it's not a common issue, just bloody annoying.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
This.

The driveaway insurance is a joke tbh. When I had it the literature the dealers have mention no details about age restrictions, the dealers know nothing of restrictions and when you call to activate it they don't realise you're too young until they have asked all the million and one questions and their screen rejects you due to age.

I guess under 25's buying 'performance' cars from dealers is pretty rare so it's not a common issue, just bloody annoying.

Tbh the dealer did mention I may have a problem but it was in an underhand sort of way as if he didn't want me to hear it.

Bit silly tbh, I can see why they're doing it but it must be a pretty low risk considering the amount of under 25's that go for performance cars

Suzuki Jimny
I got the free insurance with Renault when I was 22 ;) surely the estate won't be much to insure?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
It's between 7-900 with me and her on it.

not too bad considering

/fasterthanyourrenault ;)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Finally got insurance today with both me and the misses on the st starting on the 1st for £770. Not bad considering.

they also swapped the car over from the BMW to the st for me tomorrow for nothing so I can drive in and drive out of the dealership.

all in all a bit of a pain but got there in the end :)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
He said he was going to sort it out. What he can achieve in a day and a half though is yet to be seen.

i do hope they do a proper Job though, if not I'd rather them give me a touch up pen and ill sort it myself. I was willing to polish the lighter scratches out myself anyway but when I seen the deeper one I let him get on with it

Will ring in the morning see if its sorted

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
He said he was going to sort it out. What he can achieve in a day and a half though is yet to be seen.

i do hope they do a proper Job though, if not I'd rather them give me a touch up pen and ill sort it myself. I was willing to polish the lighter scratches out myself anyway but when I seen the deeper one I let him get on with it

Will ring in the morning see if its sorted

Pearl paint + smart repair = unhappy customer!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Is it a pearlescent paint Daniel? I thought it was metallic?

thats what I hope they don't do, smart repairs. I hate them.

adam I had no choice unfortunately