ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

Croft trackday tomorrow :) Cars are loaded and all ready to go in the morning!

Moving house on Sunday and the new place has much faster internet so will get the video's loaded up once moved as it'll be quicker

LOL just went through some picture on facebook and came across this old picture from how the car first looked when it got built! Amazing how much its changed/come along in 18 months :)

file_zpsb5c86520.jpg

file_zps725b57e0.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Croft trackday tomorrow :) Cars are loaded and all ready to go in the morning!

Moving house on Sunday and the new place has much faster internet so will get the video's loaded up once moved as it'll be quicker

Have fun mate :)

Fingers crossed the car just takes it all faultlessly again like cadwell!

Cup In bits
Have fun.

Matt grey is such a nice colour on clio's , top one would make a nice road car, the bottom suits a racecar. You need some loud colours on a racer.

Have fun James.
Thanks mate I posted that gear out today with special so it will be with you tomorrow by 1 :)
Have fun.

Matt grey is such a nice colour on clio's , top one would make a nice road car, the bottom suits a racecar. You need some loud colours on a racer.

Thanks Morgan :)

Haha yes I really like it although every corner of the car has damage now so been chatting with a friend for a new livery ;)

All sorts
Thank you for the passenger ride today matey, I thought some of those cars you overtook where meant to be quick ha ha

The car handles like its on rails, the acceleration and gear changes were awesome ;-)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Thank you for the passenger ride today matey, I thought some of those cars you overtook where meant to be quick ha ha

The car handles like its on rails, the acceleration and gear changes were awesome ;-)

Still a few hours left to get in on the roll centre correction group buy if you ever want your clio to handle the same ;)

What a transformation! Still looks epic in the first pic though.
Haha thanks Martin :)

Absolute pleasure mate thanks for all your help with bits this year really have helped the car along :) LOL i'm enjoying the lack of being overtaken and Rob was the same when he was out!
Still a few hours left to get in on the roll centre correction group buy if you ever want your clio to handle the same ;)
Haha Chris doesn't even have a clio but good try buddy ;)

So Croft today and another great day in the car :) Day started off damp so had to swap to the 888's then it dried up so back onto the Dunlop's and then it rained again. The car once again had great pace and I had a good friend of mine driving who used to do a fair bit of professional racing so was good to have him driving and get some data to compare to. Should have some really good videos and also had a pedal camera for the day so should make for some good viewing! I will get the video's up once I get to MK on Sunday.

Unfortunately mid/late afternoon the gearbox started making some odd noises but it's not the end of the world as the box had to come out anyway to fit the new flywheel and clutch that needs fitting. Going to get the engine and box out tonight maybe.... (I made the mistake of getting into bed to catch up with my days emails so maybe not bothering going back to the garage) Also need to get the front AST's off and back to AST as they have been having some play in the shafts recently which is only getting worse but I will refrain from making any comments until they have got a professional opinion :)

Had a great year with the car this year and was a real sad moment driving it into the garage for the last time of 2013! Onwards and upwards :) Got a great list of little areas to work on with the car so even if not racing next year can keep chipping away at the laptimes.

Once again a massive thanks to everyone who has helped me out with various aspects of the car this year really couldn't do it without everyones help :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Me and les are going to Huddersfield Saturday night to fetch some pilot sport cups, could pop over yours after if you want a hand and don't mind it being a fairly late one (would get to yours about 10)

Just when checking over the car and checking for wheel play, there is movement in the 12 and 6 position. I started to feel it when driving now aswell so time for them to come off. I had the same problem when they were new but then it got sorted.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Thanks mate i'd love to take you up on that but I fear I may regret it as setting off to move to MK at 6am Sunday morning :(

We'll be done by 1am, you can still get 4 hours sleep :)

Or we could just pop up tonight instead if its better, although would need to be similar sort of time still as les is in work till just gone 8.

Haha that's very true :)

It's properly out of your way just to give me a hand but thanks for the offer mate I think i'm going to go down now and pull it apart (Now to explain to Sophie why i'm taking a gearbox and set of dampers to MK lol)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah its a bit out of our way but nothing you wouldnt do for us so stop worrying about it!
So if you do find you dont get round to it during the day today then just give me a shout and we'll be up.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Now worries, drop me a message about 7pm or so and let me know if you have done it or if you want us to come up, should be quicker each time and didnt exactly take long last time anyway!

Had a little jaunt into the field at Croft lol
file_zpsbd1b27f4.jpg

file_zpsf362e3cd.jpg

Also found some of the polystyrene board from Donington! The engine bay was full of mud from the field so time to give it all a final clean for the year

file_zpsb825bf5b.jpg

file_zpsd1952f48.jpg

Parked up for the foreseeable future :(

file_zps646c4926.jpg

Stripped off all the bits I need to get fixed

file_zps2af85d9c.jpg

file_zpsbd92cdd9.jpg

file_zpsdacfcf24.jpg

Since swapping to the EBC pads I seem to have cracked the front disc's badly but only on the outer face, going to get them inspected it could just be due to age as the same discs have been on for 2 years now.

Dampers off and ready to be taken for inspection and same with the gearbox ready to go to gripper :)

Moving forwards with the car I am unsure which way to go, I have had a few people drive it and everyone seems to come up with the same opinion which I also agree and that is the dampers are getting to the point of struggling. I think I have just maximised what they will give so I'm wondering about swapping them out for some other units. The only other thing is building an engine for the car its become increasingly apparent since fitting the new gearbox that to maximise it and its closer ratios then I need to have a more peaky and later power delivery so quite tempted to build up and engine. The thing is I can only afford to do one so its a choice between some very nice dampers or a nice engine..... Mmmm

Lionel Richie
we're just about to order some special suspension for Steve's 500+ monster, give me a call and i'll fill you in ;)

always said AST's need work, not bad for the £££ though