ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Big yellow bus hit my 172 today

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Was on my way to the gym today, sat in the car at the trafic lights on a busy road.

coming upto a junction where the majority want to carry on and a few turn right, the lights turn green as normal as usual there is a que the other side of the lights so trafic moves slowly even on green. A bus is behind me, obviously wants to turn right at the lights, so sees his chance nothing coming the other way and pulls out behind me and goes on the other side of the road to turn right -

Now pulling out he scrapes all down the side of my car drags me with him for a few feet, im saying to myself this has NOT just happend, Then the bus carries on as if nothing has happend !! and turns right, i slammed it in reverse pulled out and chased him about 1/4 of a mile down the road, over took him and slowed down with my hazards on, I got out and walked over to him

"i was finding a place to stop" he says, i'm like yea hmmm 1/4 mile down the road.

I got all the details off him and he admited it was his fault, i then went down to the bus depot where i was told "we can sort this out without going through insurence companys"

haha you maybe be able to panel beat a bus, but defo not my car - bunch of idiots

I wrung Tesco who i am insured with and told them all the story, renault should be picking the car up next week :)

But somthing tells me the fun and games have only just begun ;-(

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
sorry to hear that. cant believe the fucker didnt stop! thats criminal although, i know someone who used to drive a bus and if he crashed it he would get suspended (no excuse), which is prob why they said we can sort it out outside the insruance co' but i wouldnt do that. some f**king cowboy would just f**k up ur car more.
in the end it will be fine, its just a pain putting crash on a quote for 5 years believe me, i have 3 and only 1 is my fault!

I know, i'm only 21 and have 6 points on my license (through stupidly placed speed cameras - one on holiday on the crest of a bridge and the other at 3am on motorway road works)

The justice system today sickens me !!

I phoned the police straight away and he basically said it was his word against mine, but seeing as he admited it there and then i should have no reason to take further action.

why does all the s**t happen to people who are not afraid of working - working Very hard for what they have :-(

I just know the bus driver will come up with a great story after he clearly admited it was his fault.

Ad

MK2 FRS
most insurers only ask for claims in the last 3yrs in my expierence.

Hope you get it sorted quickly mate.

Ad

MK2 FRS
also speak to britannia.... they will deal with the repair and also give you a car of the same standard FOC.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I had an incident with a bus in Blackpool years ago, almost exactly the same as yours, the bus scraped along the back of the car I was driving. The f***er that was driving the bus drove off and I was running alongside banging on the window to get him to stop.

Then when all the details came through he alleged I did some stupid overtaking manouvere which cause him to hit me, which was total lies as I was stationery at the time. Luckily I had two witness who backed everything up...I think he was panicking and lying through fear of losing his job.

It took, 18 months before we came to a hearing date to sort it out...then suddenly the bus company accepted liability. Most stressful 18 months of my life :(

I really hope you don't have to go through anything like I did, and that you get it properly sorted and back on the road soon.

black golf v6 4 motion
i'm a bus driver and you do not get sacked or anything for having an accident, he probs was finding somewhere safe to pull over,

Just a quick update -

Tesco wrung this morning to say they have been intouch with the bus insurence company and as yet the driver has not reported him hiting me - so he said there is a 2 week wait.

But in the mean time Tesco wrung Renault who booked me in for a quote today which i went to.

The renault said this is a common problem with large vehicles such as busses - And also just reminded me that if the BUS driver / company do not take liability that i am stuck with £700 excess on the damage total !!

I asked could he tell me a rough idea on the price, he said it was a hard one and would contact Tesco right away to tell them ive been etc,,,,, but he went onto say how the bumper alone would cost £400+ ((gulp))

Few pictures

clio1.jpg

clio2.jpg

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Kinsella said:
Now pulling out he scrapes all down the side of my car drags me with him for a few feet

judging by the whole dragging you for a few feet i was expecting alot worse you drama queen! lol. j/k. tbf you were lucky that he didnt puncture your tyre and you werent able to catch him up.

106 GTi
Hope you get it sorted. My dads van was hit by a bus a few years ago and they where a nightmare to get a pay out from.

Renault clio RSi 1.6 16v
I cant believe the twut drove off, well done for catching him up, I bet you were livid.

Jamie_Williams3 said:
its just a pain putting crash on a quote for 5 years believe me, i have 3 and only 1 is my fault!

The accident wasnt kinsella's fault so the insurance wont need to put it down on record, I just had my car written off (same as, not my fault) and they said nothing is affected, my sister also said the same (she's a claims handler at AON).... so long as the other insurance company claims liability that is.

BTW it took a month to sort out my claim

The bus company offered to fix it right? Thats an admission of guilt! they know it's their fault and as for Tesco, they should be fighting your case for you, keep pestering them!!!

unfortunatly there were no witnesses, the girl in front of me went wide eyed (could see her face in her rear view mirror), but i had to reverse and catch the bus :-(

It dosent look that bad, but from the side the panel is a little creased were it has been pushed from the back concaved i think the word is :-(