ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

big problem with tar :(

Focus RS + S3
my 182 is plastered with tar so i used some AG tar remover and it didnt work, so tried claying with megs clay got rid of some but some really stubborn bits left,

searched and saw autosmart tardis was good, got some from work, and again removed most but lots still remain, its getting really annoying now lol

any ideas ?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
AG Tar remover is terrible. I used to use it when I was a valeter (And too dumb to realise there were other brands out there!)

Autosmart Tardis is a lot better.

TBH, the best stuff I have ever used is thinners! lol. Its wipe on/wipe off!

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Autosmart tardis. Spray on and leave to soak for a few mins. Rinse.

then

Bilthamber clay. With water as lubricant.

Focus RS + S3
i think ill have to give it another good going over with a little more patience,

as long as the tardis wont damage the paint, thats some strong sh1t lol

Honda & VW
clay bar and tar remover worked wonders on my mrs' car. tbh i used the tar remover first, then clayed etc then re applied the tar remover.

Skoda Fabia vRS
most people dont give tar removers long enough to soak, ive never had a prob with the AG stuff but it needs time to work, keep dabbing some on

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
You need to leave tardis on for a bit to react. I spray it on and leave it around 5 minutes then jet wash it off. If its still there I put more on and leave it longer.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Best way I've found. Spray on Tardis after you've washed/dried the car. Let it soak for a good 5-10 mins. Jet wash off. Then, soak a cloth in it, and basically buff/remove any left. Works, 100%.

Dont forget to polish/seal paint again ;)