ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIG HELLO from a diesel clio'er

1.5 DCi clio 221Bhp
hey guys just joined the site. I see that the vast majority of you all have the clio sports. Altho I drive a 1.5 DCi it would certainly give any motor a run for its money. So far I have the car putting out 221 Bhp with 312 ftlb tourque. Quite special for a smal derv. I will have pictures uploaded just as soon as i get my new wheels on this friday.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Welcome to the land of Clios Willy...

221... in the words of Peter Griffin...

"Come ooooooonnnnnnnnnnn!"

1.5 DCi clio 221Bhp
full stainless miltec exhaust system, triple plate clutch, larger ceramic ball berring turbo with greddy piston dumpvalve, fuel air and boost remap and 6 speed sequencial box, faster fuel pump and larger intercooler from a renault van (bigger is better i suppose)

1.5 DCi clio 221Bhp
Fair enough ha... If I had money I'd have something silly like, standard body or rep?
standard shell. koni coilovers, fox rs3 alloys painted with teflon white aircraft paint. dunlop sp sport tyres, carbon composite brakes and front anti roll bars

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
f***ing looney. 221 bhp!!!!!!! my dads only kicked out 130bhp after remap and turbo internals uprated.
bet that goes like the clappers.

any difference in mpg???
whats the power delivery like?? ( I.E still diesel power lag or have you got around that)

BG 182
I thought you was just trying to be funny until I started scrawling down the page! Bet that's awesome fun. What mpg are you actually getting? I take my hat off to you sir..!

Clio dCi65 Dynamique
I personally see "221bhp" as willy-waving... I take it you have screenshots of the dyno read-out?

Never heard of a dCi making anywhere near that much?!??

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Can't wait to see a RR graph.

A 1.5 dCi knocking out 221 bhp is making 147 bhp per litre.

Bear in mind that a Focus RS with the MP 350 upgrade is only putting out 140 bhp per litre, so to get 147 from a Renault diesel it must be quite special.

Clio dCi65 Dynamique
I smell BS on a massive scale...
Still no photos or dyno graph??

I'd like some of what you are on please!

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
what a load of s**t..

so 221bhp
what fuel pump you runnig ? + fuel pressure
what injectors ?
what kind of management do you have in place
any headwork ?
howmuch boost does it run?
who did the work ?

big boost cup
I doubt he will be back for a while. is it even possible on a clio dci to get that power, maybe he has one of them electric superchargers

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
I doubt he will be back for a while. is it even possible on a clio dci to get that power, maybe he has one of them electric superchargers
its possible, with enough money and knowledge. But when he was stating how he made that power he mentioned turbo etc, which is all alot of people think makes the power. with these you need new diesel pump as the standard will provide no were near enough pressure to make that kind of power. he mentioned nothing of any headwork or custom manifold ... thats were the power is at.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
no chance, internals wont take it, the dci 100 had to have uprated internals fitted over a 65/80 as they were throwing pistons during testing apparently, i doubt they then went to the effort to uprate them to withstand 120BHP more with massive torque.

then we get to the fuel pump/injectors, the delphi setup cant do anywhere near that, standard injectors limiting you to around the 130bhp mark again thats best case in dci 100 form.

so you would need to go for some sort of fuel system which would then require stand alone management.

regardless of if he comes back or not, its bull s**t.