ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

**** BIG Chester Meet - All Pics in here. Chat/Banter etc ****

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Haha dirty diesels!

All going well dude. I looked at S2 Rallye's. But going to meets and seeing picture and videos etc, I'd regret it so much.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Come to a compromise then, best of both worlds, to of which I can't really comment as I want so many blooming cars it's unreal

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Yeah pretty much.

Ah I no that feeling :(
it sucks tbh :( I've always wanted a mk2 xr2, a cClio v6 list goes on. Suppose it a saving your money game to get what you want. Insurance is a key contributer. Good luck with what you get anyway, looking forward to seeing the new car when it comes around in time :)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I waited 3 years until I upgraded. Bought a Cooper S and never really got on with it, but it was more than worth the wait for the 182!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Exactly :). I'm keeping this derv til I can afford a nice clean sport and the insurance then I will be happy :). But for now what I've got will do !

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah insurance is the deciding factor for me unfortunately. Realistically there are so many cars that I want that I can afford, but the insurance is just MEGA.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I got quoted £2.7 k for me to be insured in a nice skoda fabia tdi 2005 model. The engine isnt that much bigger than my dci FFs. And I canT see many young lads owning a fabia tdi :s

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
If it reignites your hope, I paid just over £1000 on my 182 with mods declared when I'd just turned 21, 3 years no claims. Should have been 4 but I cancelled the Mini insurance so I've lost a year!

That was off a comparison website aswell. Quote on a standard car was circa £850.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Thiers your problem. My insurance has a big difference between my dads house in hull humberside and mums house in nuneaton. Insurance is getting to OTT now.

Try having a renewal quote of £580 and then going on Hastings for a see what they could do...and they came back with £3,500!

37 years old, TF postcode 4 years no claims and accident in 2009 full loss.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I'm in the same boat as you - it's £3k for me to insure the 6 in Manchester, and £900 at my parents address in East Yorkshire... F**king garbage Manchester Postcode!
If I still had my no claims, it'd be about £500 FFS.

When I had my Manc postcode for the 172Cup, its was £1,000 to insure her for the year...moved to Telford and it went down to £750...25% cheaper than living in the big city!!!

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
As if the meet was only a month ago well I've started thinking about twine next two big meets one might be a bit tricky but it'll be worth the stress!!!!

When I had my Manc postcode for the 172Cup, its was £1,000 to insure her for the year...moved to Telford and it went down to £750...25% cheaper than living in the big city!!!

It's crap! I live in Salford Quays - so it's not even in the centre... Plus it's a massive gated car park with a 24 hour security guard & CCTV.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
As if the meet was only a month ago well I've started thinking about twine next two big meets one might be a bit tricky but it'll be worth the stress!!!!

Next TWO BIG meet!! Hell yeah. Got plenty of time to sort these ones out mate, looking forward to another great day out :)