ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best way to apply CarPro Dlux to wheel's

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Hi chaps, im going to give the Impreza wheels a coat of Dlux.

What's the best thing to use to apply it?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Make ups removal pads mate. Or proper ones off the detailing websites.

I prefer them to the little cloths you get with the kit.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Make ups removal pads mate. Or proper ones off the detailing websites.

I prefer them to the little cloths you get with the kit.
Thank you bud, yeah the ones you get seem a little bit clumsy for the tight areas tbh. :smile:

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
One of these
image.png

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Do you have to keep it steady and horizontal to stop it spilling out of that cup? Or does it come with some kind of hopper?

Also, have you tried using it since? I bet DLUX etc will block it up. Flush it with IPA after use maybe?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Do you have to keep it steady and horizontal to stop it spilling out of that cup? Or does it come with some kind of hopper?

Also, have you tried using it since? I bet DLUX etc will block it up. Flush it with IPA after use maybe?

Yeah you do have to keep it fairly upright but it doesn't slosh around in the cup very much. You only have to put a small amount at a time in as well because it sprays it out incredibly fine.

It's a shame that video by ioclean is only available on Facebook because it shows just how effortless it is.

Yeah I flushed with some erasure and it seems to be fine.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
@Phase1sr I've tagged Tania into a video on Facebook of the bloke at ioclean using the air brush above to do a set of wheels.
Thanks bud, I'll have a look later.

How do you layer it?

Is it a case of giving it the first coat then wiping off then re apply or do you give it one coat, leave it for a bit then add a second/3rd coat?

I will probably give that fancy little tool a miss this time and just use the makeup wipes. [emoji2]

I just used the cloth it came with, the block wasn't that good. I went over them twice & left them 24hours in between coats, wheels were off the car & kept indoors over night to dry. it still works perfectly and has been on since July last year.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
How does Dlux compare to C5?

Got a new set of OZ's to go on the Megane and want to get them sealed up properly, Have used C5 before but fancy trying something different

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
How does Dlux compare to C5?

Got a new set of OZ's to go on the Megane and want to get them sealed up properly, Have used C5 before but fancy trying something different
I have no idea mate, this is a vid i made after i had sealed up my wheels on the impreza.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Cool, Anyone else tried it via Airbrush?

I hate sealing wheels as it takes an age, If that is quicker then I'm all for that

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Cool, Anyone else tried it via Airbrush?

I hate sealing wheels as it takes an age, If that is quicker then I'm all for that
I only did my rears as I'm the same as you.

I think my wife is buying me the air brush for my b/day so I'll post my thought's as soon as I get time to try it.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
DLUX beads better than c5 but it doesn't last as long. c5 has always lasted better and been easier to clean than all the wheels I've done wth DLUX. You might get twice as much for your money but I'd still choose C5

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think the old C5 like old C1 was better. I still can't rate the new GT stuff as much. Too much f**king around between hydro performance and beading etc.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I only did my rears as I'm the same as you.

I think my wife is buying me the air brush for my b/day so I'll post my thought's as soon as I get time to try it.

I saw an airbrush yesterday that had been slightly modified so that you can put a bottle on it rather than using the little filler thing.

IMG_9362.PNG

Edit.

Not modified it's a kit
IMG_9363.PNG

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
They sell them on eBay mate, the spray head bit.

Not theexpensive but because it has to suck the stuff out of the bottle the compressor has to be good.

I think the compressor on that one I pictured would be fine. It looks a lot better than the one I've got as it's got proper screw on hose ends. My one just has rubber hose that you push onto the connector.