ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BEST TYRE SIZE !!

CLIO SPORT 172
I have just bought a set of Clio 182 alloys but without tyres, could you please give me your views on the best size tyre to put on the alloys. All your input would be grateful.

:lolup:

FOCUS ST 275
Yup, mine are V rating, altho the garage i rang to get new ones are persistant that they need to be W.
As they say The customer is always right!

172 phII
195 50 15 IMO.

Tyres are cheaper, performaces better, not so sensitive on bumpy roads + I like small rims look :)

172cup
since when were 205's standard?

used 205's for the last year on my cup.. just went back to 195's... and WOW! Big difference, much better!

172cup
DOESNT TRAMLINE ANYWHERE NEAR AS MUCH, CORNERS BETTER TOO... DOESNT AQUAPLANE EITHER

sorry for caps, not retyping it now lol

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
My 182 corners hell of alot better than my 172 ever did . You can't just say that a 195 corners better than a 205 . There's alot more factors involved , like how good the tyre actually is , the compound .Also the suspension on the car . As for aquaplaning , i've never had any more problems with my 205's than i did with the 195's on my old 172 , it's down to thread pattern , how well the tyre disperses the water .

172cup
My 182 corners hell of alot better than my 172 ever did . You can't just say that a 195 corners better than a 205 . There's alot more factors involved , like how good the tyre actually is , the compound .Also the suspension on the car . As for aquaplaning , i've never had any more problems with my 205's than i did with the 195's on my old 172 , it's down to thread pattern , how well the tyre disperses the water .

195's corner better than 205's on my 172cup...with the same tyre pattern.

That better????????? :rolleyes:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

195's corner better than 205's on my 172cup...with the same tyre pattern.

That better????????? :rolleyes:

Yep , thats alot better ;) But then again i am comparing the original contis on my old 172 , which aren't a bad tyre imo to the exaltos on my 182 which are a better tyre , again imo :)

Everybody has their own opnions on tyre size and make , what suits them the best . If stevieg has 182 alloys i'd just go for the standard 205 exalto .

CLIO SPORT 172
To put things right here like i said at the beginning of this thread i bought a set of 182 alloys but what i did fail to say was there going on to a Clio Sport 172 so thats why i want to put the best tyre fitment on to my car possible.

Also imperial04 i am not a poor old student i actually have to work for a living and pay my taxes and not just go out on the beer every night and live on baked beans for breakfast,dinner and tea.

So anyway back to the subject in hand so would you put 205 or 195 on my Clio 172, money is not an issue as am prepared to sacrifice my hard earned money for the best handling out of the car.

VX220 lightning
To put things right here like i said at the beginning of this thread i bought a set of 182 alloys but what i did fail to say was there going on to a Clio Sport 172 so thats why i want to put the best tyre fitment on to my car possible.

Also imperial04 i am not a poor old student i actually have to work for a living and pay my taxes and not just go out on the beer every night and live on baked beans for breakfast,dinner and tea.

So anyway back to the subject in hand so would you put 205 or 195 on my Clio 172, money is not an issue as am prepared to sacrifice my hard earned money for the best handling out of the car.

This is only 3/4 true!:D

Why dont you get one of the moderators to create a poll... would be quite interesting to find out:)