ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best shampoo

FF Racing Blue 182
hi guys looking for info on the best shampoo or a decent one to use ive had a quick read through all the car detailing posts and seen a few pictures of the results and i must say its amazing

anyway im going to give it a bash to one of my GFs cars but i see none of yous wax your cars that often

this is what ive done before and im very happy for yous to put me right

1..rinse with hose to get loose dirt off
2..use car shampoo with hot water and wash each panel 1 by 1 and rinse
3..rinse whole car
4..dry with cotton cloth
5..clean alloys
6..wax with super resin polish

also i see some of yous put stuff round the windows to protect the rubber what is this and when i come round to wash it again there is no sign of it being waxed before and i can nver shift the yellow stains on the alloys

how can it never stay looking how it does when its wet along with the plastic looking white

ph2 iceburg 172
i would personally recommend
1. rinse the full car with hose or ideally a preassure washer to remove the top crap
2 wash wheels with there own bucket, using a few different brushes (tbh i use a toilet brush and find it better than most "detailling brushes") u will probs need a proper wheel cleaner lke smart wheels, bilberry or autogym, just make sure its not acidic.
3 wash with two bucket method (one soap water, one clean water) and as you said just work panel by panel til your satisfied.
4. rinse again with hose, making sure all the soap is gone (i find if there is even a spot of soap it will streak and stain when drying)
5. dry with a microfiber or normal towel, again working panel by panel.
(at this point here i would normally do the interior,just shake the mats,hover ect)

in regards the the next stage of waxin and that, the super resin polish wont protect the car in any way (just fills up scratches and swirls). it will add shine but thats it. to protect the car you will need to buy either wax or sealant (this will help maintain the shine). you "can" spend stupid amounts on waxes but there are some really good ones or around the £10-30 mark. some names would be nattys paste wax,collinite, high tech paste wax ect. ( http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/ ).

6. apply the wax or sealant to two panels the buffing one off and working my way round the car like that.
7. i would now apply tyre shine, and i personally put a very small amount on a microfiber cloth and rub it into any of the plasics that look alittle dull (front grill, plastic bumper strip ect)
8 then stand back and admire.
hope thats abit of help, the others will probs have other methods.
anymore questions just ask
gregor

clio 182
i wax mine atleast once a week mate but tbh i use dodjuice for most every thing wax paint clenser and sealent etc and the best shampoo by far for me is dodojuice supernatural

allwoodsmotor factors do it and will give u free delivery to

Not a 320d
Well my personal preference is Born to be mild, if you want bulk shampoos then get either shampoo plus at £20 a tub or Duragloss 902 at £30 a tub, both are very good. Ive used numerous others, never tried optimum but its supposed to be good, although i hear it can be a little aggressive.

If your just starting out with all this, then go Shampoo Plus, its a great starting point and not too expensive. Might be worth claying the car too if its not been done before.

If you want something easy to maintain and easy to use for protection, then try Zaino Z5 and Zaino Z8. Piss easy to apply and remove. Make sure you buy a zaino Polish applicator too and some decent microfibre cloths (kent car care pack of six available at asda are ideal for removing Zaino Z5 polish). Apply the polish to the entire car, wait 15 mins and then buff the polish residue off, then get a plush microfibre towel, like the eurow shag pile ones, spray Z8 on a pannel (you dont need much) and then buff off until dry. Very durable and gives a very deep shine.

i wax mine atleast once a week mate but tbh i use dodjuice for most every thing wax paint clenser and sealent etc and the best shampoo by far for me is dodojuice supernatural

allwoodsmotor factors do it and will give u free delivery to

Defo not required buddy! What wax are you using?

Megs Gold Class has always done me proud and is there as a back up now. Duragloss is good, about to order some of the Optimum as mentioned by the Opto***** Russ ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I like BTBM because I find a lot of shampoos are stripping waxes these days, just can't get the dilution right!

BTBM is nice and mild as my car is never heavily soiled. And a good foam before hand with a good pressure wash will remove most of the dirt!

BMW E46 330i Touring
I've just starting using DJ SN shampoo and have to admit it's pretty damn good.

3 squirts in a 10 litre bucket and get it nice and foamy with a bit of pressure from the hose.