ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Racing Sim of all time?

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
PC or Console.

whats your all time favourite racing simulator.
forget the glossy arcade stylings of grand tourismo.

im talking realistic racing games.

for me Grand Prix Legends will always be up there. mainly because its so difficult to drive at all, it demanded a analogue controller which was something i never experienced really before.

[youtube]7NatjPr3HZw[/youtube]

whats yours?

Tesla MP3 2021
LOL at the graphics, those were the days ;). Suppose that was quite realistic back in the day but just compare that to Forza 2 now and its pretty shocking.

Forza 2 for me.

2002 Cup172
Gran turismo, dont care about the graphics of it the way the cars handle at the end of the day counts and to me GT is the most realistic driving simulator ever.

Plus its name says it all

Gran Turismo - The Real Driving Simulator.

thats its full title or near as dam it if I remember correctly.

but it was a fair time ago GT1 came out lol,

cant wait for the next full version to come out, they take so long to make it as they make it so realistic, all ya have to do is watch a replay to see.

But im a PS man and any1 who has 1 of those box thingy's will disagree im sure.

But im a PS man and any1 who has 1 of those box thingy's will disagree im sure.

PMSL nothing like an arguement driven by the facts/experience eh.

I've got both and for me Forza 2 over GT5p.

Looking forward to getting my hands on Forza 3 and GT5 and hoping they've sorted the issues on GT since GT5p.

I'm a mac owner so all my gaming is done on consoles now, not played any of the recent PC sims tbh so I can't really comment on them. I would like to see what the likes of R factor, LFS, GPL etc are like but I'm not about to sell a kidney to buy a gaming rig when I've got two consoles to keep me occupied.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Forza isn't "realistic" in the way cars handle etc, neither is Gran Turismo

GPL was awesome, it took me weeks to learn to drive the car round the track without crashing just once lol.

GTR is pretty good too for more modern cars, i loved that game.

You b*****d, you've made me wanna get my steering wheel out again.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
GTR2 on the PC. GPL was just a little too hardcore - mainly because I don't think the controllers were up to the job back then.

GTR Evo & Race '07 have been a little 'dumbed-down' to make them easier to control, imo - even on Pro difficulty. I managed to complete the Nordschleife in a 2007 Honda WTCC car without spinning or coming off track once. And that was only my fifth or sixth attempt.

Great game though.

D.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
GTR2 on the PC. GPL was just a little too hardcore - mainly because I don't think the controllers were up to the job back then.

GTR Evo & Race '07 have been a little 'dumbed-down' to make them easier to control, imo - even on Pro difficulty. I managed to complete the Nordschleife in a 2007 Honda WTCC car without spinning or coming off track once. And that was only my fifth or sixth attempt.

Great game though.

D.

I had a steering wheel for GPL.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
I quite like F1 on my PS3.....very realistic, with good training aids.

Tracks are very realistic etc - and it was quite hard to get hold of, had to buy it online.

Nothing at the mo :(
I know this isnt a simulation, but at the same time its not a arcade.. but im addicted to this game ATM :p

[YOUTUBE]wRlT2rN0Yxo[/YOUTUBE]

lol,

you know you're old when you were brought up on s**t like this.
[youtube]Kn32IgQGrOQ[/youtube]
[youtube]kes7RQFnzk4[/youtube]
[youtube]6HIk_kano2Q[/youtube]
[youtube]o35qRu9VbR0[/youtube]

:eek:

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
live for speed is also extremely realistic.
It offers a very high level of online compitition. you dont see people going the oposite direction very often!

lol at stunt car racer, getting crained back on to track and chasing them blocks of cheese with wheels on!

Ph2 172
Got to be the "microphose Grand Prix" series on Pc from a good few years ago. So ahead of their time.

Cupra
I would say that the GT series were the best games for me personally.They were single handedly responsible for me buying a PS1 and PS2. I would have a PS3 already if they had actually released GT5!!

That said, I would not go near them these days as I love GTR Evolution, Dirt, Grid and anything else on the PC with a G25 attached. Have spent 3 hours this evening messing around with it. :D

I always wanted to try Forza but none of my mates have actually bought an Xbox 360!

I'd hang on to your money for the moment. I'll pass judgement when GT5 comes out but GT5p has proven that the GT is still the real understeer/bumper car simulator.

Cupra
I am silently hoping that Sony have outdone themselves and that GT5 is going to be ground breaking in every department. I'm not going to hold my breath though.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I played a GTR game with what was apparently a £10k setup. I thought it was s**t tbh. There is no way you can get any sense of feel from a steering wheel and numb pedals, no more so than a pad at least, it does look cool though.

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
No game is realistic as you dont feel any of the braking, cornering or acceleration forces, for mucking around on i like GT, Forza and NFS games for different reasons :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My favourite racer is Pgr3 or 4 both epic!

Powersliding a gumpert apollo! Hell yeah!