ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best place to advertise your car

I have had my Clio advertised on the free sites such as Gumtree and Adtrader with the only interest so far from a chap looking to swap it for a Civic Type R.

In your opinion/experience, what is the best site to advertise?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
A lot of people say autotrader but I like PH more, not sure why.

I will try both. Don't mind paying for the adverts as I would really like to sell the car reasonably quickly. Got my mountain bike now so the car is sitting doing nothing these days

ph2 iceburg 172
i'd vote pistonheads. one thing is, its free or u can pay. if its a well known car like a clio your free ad would start pages and pages back, where as paying will get it starting from the first page if that makes sense.
i put my fiesta on ph on the sunday night and had three emails by monday mornin and car away by tuesday. really good service

White clique
ebay will get you lots and lots of interest, plus unlimited text so a decent advert.

The only pain are the cold callers / canvassers, which is why i just PX these days.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Mines been on pistonheads 2 days now and no interest. I've sold cars before though and it only takes 1. Looked at others on there and mine has lower millage and in better nick so not worried. Just don't put it on here IIRC they will only pay 20 quid for a 200. Lol

Honda & VW
Pistonheads has always done me well, sold 6 cars on there - free to advertise and you can write as much as you want, which is good as i waffle.

Mines been on pistonheads 2 days now and no interest. I've sold cars before though and it only takes 1. Looked at others on there and mine has lower millage and in better nick so not worried. Just don't put it on here IIRC they will only pay 20 quid for a 200. Lol

lol, yeah thats mostly the case on all forums of a specific car. Most selling a car is always told that it's way overpriced. Wonder where all these cheap cars are hiding when I try to buy one.....................................
In my opinon, your car is worth what somebody is willing to pay. I bought my 172 for £4995 which was quite expensive, however I wanted it so I bought it. Its got about £1000 worth of modifications so if I had bought it standard for say £3995 it would have been a cheap car. Then I would have spent say £1000 modifying it, therefore would have the same thing for the same price.

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
i get more responses off of pistonheads over autotrader.

more enthusiast based cars sell better on pistonheads.

standard mondeo etc will sell better on autotrader.