ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best option for a damaged clio?

Looks like my clio is written off from a 30 mph crash :dapprove: gutted doesn't cover it.

Just wondering what my best options fincancially are really, splitting it or trying to sell for someone who will repair it themselves?

It mainly needs a new wing, bumper, seat / airbag, 2 new wheels and the back axle replacing. Back headlights cracked too but still functional.

http://img269.imageshack.us/i/dsc00209ql.jpg/

Gunna miss that car :(

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I don't know much about it but I think the parts will be cheap but alot of labour in fixing it so yea, I think it will be a write off.

I don't know much about it but I think the parts will be cheap but alot of labour in fixing it so yea, I think it will be a write off.

Its about 600-700 in parts probably the cheapest including labour would be just over 1000? Either way I need to know whats best to do with the car to make the most money, is there a market for lightly damaged cars?

ur megane r26
cant believe you say it is ONLY a 172 defo repair it, now that it is a cat d? write off you got an excuse to turbo it

cant believe you say it is ONLY a 172 defo repair it, now that it is a cat d? write off you got an excuse to turbo it

Theres barely even any damage to it but being fussy id want the bodywork perfect again.

I wouldn't go through insurance and im already losing 2k, another 3k on a turbo isnt really viable :dapprove:

182 (Conversion)
Vultures_feeding_on_a_dead_buffalo.jpg

I might want the drive shafts and suspension and all the wishbones and all the gubins

how much do you want for it? roughly?

If the car was undamaged i'd expect around 3800 for it, 37k miles with FSH and belts done, very good condition apart from the obvious.

I have no idea what its worth now but I suppose a mechanically minded person could make a bit of money on it.

Gunna fix the sump and then see if anything on the engine is knocking now, deciding what to do with the car after then. May still end up being sold as a salvage car though. Shame to see this happening to this car - was in absolutely mint condition, 3k miles only 2 owners from new (both ex police).