ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Go-pro?

53 Clio's & counting
Might seem like a silly question, but I am looking at 2nd hand ones, and am on a budget so unsure wich to go for.

The basics are for track work, so after something with decent enough quailty, but as it will only be bolted to my rollcage and won't be strapped to me whilst I jump from an astriod or anything daft, what would be my best option guys and girls?

Whats the difference between models?

Never looked into one before (Always used camcorders) so a complete noob at this

Thanks in advance

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Budget, and do you have an iPhone? If you've got an iPhone/iPad wifi is essential IMO.

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Budget, and do you have an iPhone? If you've got an iPhone/iPad wifi is essential IMO.

Unless you power the camera while using wi-fi, it is a totally useless feature because it drains the battery in under 30 minutes. I wouldn't say it's a must, but it is quite handy.

Unless you power the camera while using wi-fi, it is a totally useless feature because it drains the battery in under 30 minutes. I wouldn't say it's a must, but it is quite handy.

Surely its good just to see where its pointing then you turn the wifi off? or have i completely missed the point!

197 RB
They're all awesome. Later ones have wider angle but I've had some good experiences with all of them even to very first. If you're on a budget get an early one. I'm using a black edition ATM but unless you're heavily into it it's not worth three times the price of an earlier second hand model.

:) Hope that helps

53 Clio's & counting
Deffo yeah. Just get that and a Motorsport mount. If you get on with it and find you want a few more features then sell it again. I doubt you'll lose any money.

What extra features do the higher models have? Is it just increased quality, or some more fancy stuff?