ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Game Series?

F82 M4
Counter Strike, 1.6 CS source, although it is a mod of half life and i do love the half life series, blue shift is amazing, but i do enjoy the Resident evil series.

I suppose you could class CS as a series, there's plenty of them!

CS 1.6
CS: Source
CS: Condition Zero
CS: Online
CS: Pro Mod

Clio Dynamique 1.2
I suppose you could class CS as a series, there's plenty of them!

CS 1.6
CS: Source
CS: Condition Zero
CS: Online
CS: Pro Mod

yeah i suppose you could beacuse thier all amazing games and cs 1.6 was out in 1999 and is still played toady! but however it is still a mod version of half life

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Do you think we could quantify a 24 year-old game for membership into this thread, m8? Mind you, I would only class Dungeon Master as a series of 1.5 games - it never really had a true successor.... ;)
I think that's fair... and I agree that it never had a true or worthy successor. I'm very tempted to boot up the old DOS emulator and start out on a new quest actually.

SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H5 P330 T6

:D

Dizzy' Adventures.

Ah, the Oliver Twins! I used to work with those guys (they were my bosses) and still keep in touch with them today. They are great guys and gave me the chance to break into computer games/graphics programming. Happy days... I remember my 2-day interview very well. I had to prove I could write a game but most of the two days was spent in the pub and at a local texmex place as they'd just bagged a good game deal with Nintendo at the time - hence the celebrations. Luckily I managed to knock up a Missile Command clone in a few hours and got the job. First day in work...? I was tasked with writing a 3D engine and object viewer for a game on the Nintendo64 featuring an iconic videogame character. Apologies for going off-topic! :D

Im actually in agreement with you.
Played every single one, and they have a good storyline, granted its hard to follow sometimes but still.

Epic. (Especially Reach)

Ah - it's good to know I'm not the only one. I still haven't beaten Reach on Legendary yet... I'm either getting old or it's a bit harder than earlier games... or both.

Evo 5 RS
the best series of all time runners up for me

Zelda - having both Ocarina of Time and A link to the past - two massively successful games

Call Of Duty - Maybe a bit too obvious but it's come a long way. Definitely one of the most successful

GTA - Running over folk since 1997.

But the winner for me is Resident Evil. What other franchise has remade it's original title and made it massively sucessful again with nothing but subtle changes and a graphical make-over

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I think that's fair... and I agree that it never had a true or worthy successor. I'm very tempted to boot up the old DOS emulator and start out on a new quest actually.

SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H5 P330 T6

:D

Jesus H. Christ - that ^^^ brings back some memories of the autoexec.bat days! Remming out statements and then putting them back in when the fecking thing failed to load! I had such a balancing act to do as I had two sound cards in there. A SoundBlaster 16ASP and a Gravis Ultrasound for the wavetable stuff - which made the <640k zone as tight as a crab's arse in a sandstorm. The killer for me was Dynamix's Aces of the Pacific, which ironically was the first PC game I ever got. That required a huge amount of initial memory to get going. I seem to recall a figure of around 607-610k being required from the off.

Kids these days don't realise the complexity needed in order to simply get a game to run in the first place! ;)

Geek. Yup. Off topic. Most definitely....

D.