ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Disc/Pad recommendations

Looking to get all new discs and pads soon for the 182 and just wondered what everyone is running and what is best recommended?

It's a well worn topic i'm sure and I've seen many posts about different pads but mainly for cars aimed at track as well as fast road use, i'm the latter, just road use for me so looking for suitable (non too hardcore) options lol! Just wondered if there's anything new out?

Ferodo? Brembo options?

Just standard fit, not looking at big brake upgrades:up:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ds2500 are w**k imo, well not worth the cost

Standard pagid pads, hc discs from George, done.

@LeeRS has just fitted these after a suggestion by me. I'm sure he will vouch they are good.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
DS2500 is very common for these but are around £120ish.

Mintex 1144s are similar (both are fast road pads) but are around half the price. Thats what I'll be trying next.

Last edited:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Ds2500 are w**k imo, well not worth the cost

Standard pagid pads, hc discs from George, done.

@LeeRS has just fitted these after a suggestion by me. I'm sure he will vouch they are good.

I have heard people with bad experiences of these on 182s. I wonder why they're so different on 197s.

I was properly stamping on them at Blyton and oulton (before it died) with no fade or judder. For the price of them I think they're ace.

Oem brembo pads were disgusting. The car was shaking so bad under hard braking that I could barely get it into gear.

PH2 172
Oem brembo pads were disgusting. The car was shaking so bad under hard braking that I could barely get it into gear.
Had this problem with OE Brembos,they push the tyres beyond their limits,and then the ABS cuts in.:smile:

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I have heard people with bad experiences of these on 182s. I wonder why they're so different on 197s.

I was properly stamping on them at Blyton and oulton (before it died) with no fade or judder. For the price of them I think they're ace.

Mine are on 172 and are ace.
I would be confident with them on track.

Just re read that, were you on about the pagids or ds2500? Im confused :D

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Ah right.
I almost forked out for the ds2500 but saw the deal for the pagids on ECP and thought i would give them a go.
Defo better than the mintex i had on before.

SWL16

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I upgraded to Ds2500s recently.

Honestly for fast road use I see nothing wrong with OEM. The only noticeable difference on the road between the two is the first few brake applications from the Ds2500 where they're a bit ropey.

The improvement over OEM comes with track use. I feel like it initially scrubs off speed above 80mph a bit faster. Below 80 performance doesn't seem much different to OEM. However, they last and don't fade which is the main advantage. But you're not going to have any problems on the road with that.

For an extra...90quid for the road? That's a lot of beer money for not a lot of gain IMO

HC discs and Ferodo premier OE pads for me on the road. Pagid are also half decent, stay away from Brembo OE as they're made of cheese.

PH2 172
I upgraded to Ds2500s recently.

Honestly for fast road use I see nothing wrong with OEM. The only noticeable difference on the road between the two is the first few brake applications from the Ds2500 where they're a bit ropey.

The improvement over OEM comes with track use. I feel like it initially scrubs off speed above 80mph a bit faster. Below 80 performance doesn't seem much different to OEM. However, they last and don't fade which is the main advantage. But you're not going to have any problems on the road with that.

For an extra...90quid for the road? That's a lot of beer money for not a lot of gain IMO

Upgraded????
I can drive for miles & miles without touching the brakes in normal road driving, but when I do, I need them to work there & then.

PH2 172
[QUOTE="JB21, post: 11284598, member: 111281" stay away from Brembo OE as they're made of cheese.[/QUOTE]

Cheese on toast is good,you must over do the toast.
Some Brembo`s I replaced after 16K of use. FRONT BREMBOS AT 16K 2016-03-22 17.37.37.jpg FRONT BREMBOS AT 16K 2016-03-22 17.38.32.jpg FRONT PAD NUMBERS 2015-09-17 15.55.00.jpg

The Brembos lasted me 3 hours. This was at Oulton mind, ended up being black flagged due them setting on fire out on track, day was over before dinner.

PH2 172
The Brembos lasted me 3 hours. This was at Oulton mind, ended up being black flagged due them setting on fire out on track, day was over before dinner.

Mine had 8 hours of track use!

Old proverb:Look after your pads and your pads will look after you!