ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Anti-Virus?

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Despite the poor name that Surrounds it, I have been using Norton Internet Security for over 2 years now without a single problem.
Never had a virus etc etc. Cheap as well.

Listerine & Poledo
I'm using a paid version of Bullguard, works a treat, doesn't rape system resource either

BMW 330ci
What do people think to the free anti-virus' ? Or would I just be better to pay for one and get better security ?

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Don't go on dodgy websites, keep a password on your wireless, and don't click links from strange emails and you wont have a problem. No need for anti virus IMHO. Never had any, never had a problem.

BMW 330ci
Is avast free? Can anyone give me some links please sorry to be a pain, but I've recently been using AVG, and found its ok but can no longer find a free version they all want me to purchase them, and can only get a trial version.

BMW 330ci
Don't go on dodgy websites, keep a password on your wireless, and don't click links from strange emails and you wont have a problem. No need for anti virus IMHO. Never had any, never had a problem.

I dont go on dodgy websites, and I have got a password on my wireless and I dont click on links from strange emails. But I'm just thinking if I can get a free Anti-Virus, at least I know I'm definitely safe.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
You can uninstall AVG and then reinstall the free one? That is what I did on my Mum's laptop.

Ph2 172
It's a shame AVG free doesn't have a firewall. I use zonealarm because I hear AVG and zonealarm dont have a fight with each other. Not sure I this is still the case though. That was a few years ago but still seems to work ok.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
So how would you know if you had a problem or not on your pc if you don't have any AV to alert you to it lol.Not all viruses are obvious...

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
So how would you know if you had a problem or not on your pc if you don't have any AV to alert you to it lol.Not all viruses are obvious...

If it isn't effecting my PC's performance, which it isn't as it is still as fast as the day I bought it, and no one has my bank account details I don't care.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
If it isn't effecting my PC's performance, which it isn't as it is still as fast as the day I bought it, and no one has my bank account details I don't care.
Lol so you give people chance to be away with your account details then. The 1st thing you'd know is when the money etc is missing. At least with AV you have a fighting chance of preventing such things happening in the 1st place.I see no good reason not to have it really...

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

Lets just hope non of your regular non dodgy sites are ever compromised with malware or the like :)

BMW 330ci
AVG At work FREE , Norton at home AVG probly bettet IMO.
Arrr everytime I decide I just think well may aswell use that one. Hmmmm really dunno, think I'm still gonna try Avast, might run a scan on Avast, then delete and install AVG and hopefully if none find virus', I can decide which one I prefer and stick with that one for a bit.

ValverInBits
If you've got legit windows, security essentials is the way to go without a shadow. I've never had problems

I don't use Anti-Virus or Internet Security.

Windows 7 Firewall, MAC Filtering on your wireless, and don't click things that are too good to be true.
Haven't had a problem for years.

Really dont know how to spell it but my mates rave about Kaplinsky ?? i have nortons and i get viruses regularly but i guess its what you do on the puter :(

BMW F21 125d
I think your talking about Kapersky.

Anyway I use MS Security Essentials on my DELL Laptop, the reason I mentioned DELL is AVG Free just didn't agree with it, tried it on a laptop and two DELL desktops and it just ground to a halt. Saying that my mate has a HP laptop and MS Security Essentials does the same on that. I've been impressed with MS, as good as my old McAfee.