ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Anti-Virus?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
never used antivirus since the Windows XP days, i usually do an online scan maby once a month just to make sure ive not got anything but yet to ever get a virus.

i usually stick AVG free on any systems im building for other people

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Just bought my mum a netbook for xmas.

Just downloaded avast for it, do I need to bother with firewall software?

In the past i've used zone alarm but I'm wondering if it's overkill on a little netbook running window 7 starter...

Liquid Yellow R27
I have moved away from Windows now, but my family use Bullguard and I have to say, it's the best Anti-Virus I've seen.

Just bought my mum a netbook for xmas.

Just downloaded avast for it, do I need to bother with firewall software?

In the past i've used zone alarm but I'm wondering if it's overkill on a little netbook running window 7 starter...

Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows Firewall. Done.

I really don't know why domestic users bother with anything else.

However, if you were to use MSE, you'd probably want to uninstall Avast first. Regarding the firewall, if she will be accessing the web through a router, she will already have a good level of security.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows Firewall. Done.

I really don't know why domestic users bother with anything else.

However, if you were to use MSE, you'd probably want to uninstall Avast first. Regarding the firewall, if she will be accessing the web through a router, she will already have a good level of security.

Perfect, thanks dood :)