ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best 172 ktec stealth exhaust mount???

I just wondered what exhaust mount everyone was using for their stealth systems please, as mine isn't very stealthy at the minute!
The exhaust mount has collapsed but looks like a standard one (maybe cheap after market), is the solid competition mount a better buy as this doesn't have the rubbish holes all around it like a standard mount, or will a genuine renault mount be ok?

Any info much appreciated

Cheers

Attachments

• 20160227_110147.jpg
    20160227_110147.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 136
  Clio 172 Cup, Eunos
I installed my stealth system with brand new OEM hangers from Renault a few months ago. They seem to be holding up fine, not had any experience with any others though.

The middle one is a smaller red one with a metal bracket, the rear is the larger metal bracket with the rubber bushing bonded into the square piece. Seem OK so far..

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
When I had my Longlife stainless backbox fitted,they used a BMW rear mount instead of the Renault type which bolts into one only of the mounting holes.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
@Levas is that just a standard link with all the gubbins cut out and polyurethane filled in completely?

Yea, it's injection filled with liquid polyurethane (75 shore, the same density as powerflex purple wishbone bushes) and then left to set in a low temp oven overnight.
solid enough to never need replacing again.
soft enough to run through with a 12v cordless drill to set your backbox height.

The 3 cheaper ones old used hangers I've given the treatment to.
The others are brand new units.

There's a few members on here using them, and plenty on the FB groups.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
@levaz How come you have to drill them??
I offer a drilling service, but it'll be dead centre the same as the oem one.

If you've got an after market exhaust (and let's face it, we nearly all have) some of the backboxes hang too low with a central hole (mine did with a Sportex)
some sit too high and melt the bottom of the bumper.
some people have cut their bumper and want it a touch higher to sit in the recess.

If I leave it undrilled, you can line it up, drill it and get it sat how you want it :)

Clio 172
I ordered one of your mounts the other day, had confirmation it's been posted, will be fitted on sat when stainless exhaust is fitted, will add some photos when it's installed

Clio 172
All fitted and I'm very impressed, a huge improvement over standard, no more sagging and moving exhaust. Cheers levaz

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    294.5 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    268.1 KB · Views: 80