ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Beloved 172 Rep Wrote Off :-(

172 rep
Time to say goodbye to my 1.2 172 replica :-(

Somebody went into the back of me and insurance have decided to write it off :-(

Car Before
IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg

IMG_1895.jpg

As it Stands Now

IMG_0316.jpg

Gutted....

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Gutting indeed. Looked quite nice as well. Can you not buy it back and break it (I think that's how it works :S )?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Get paid out £2500 ish, Buy it back off the insurance for about £600, fit a new bootlid and bumper and keep driving the s**t.

Don't worry about the creased floor.

German V6
Get paid out £2500 ish, Buy it back off the insurance for about £600, fit a new bootlid and bumper and keep driving the s**t.

Don't worry about the creased floor.

Exactly this, My mate did the same with his 106 rallye even though it was a Cat D write off.

172 rep
Gutting indeed. Looked quite nice as well. Can you not buy it back and break it (I think that's how it works :S )?

Got the car back already dude. Insurance settled for £2500 and i can sell everything off it. Got coilies n all on there so they'll all be up for sale soon

bg182ff
Hi bud is that 172 wings on the front? As I may have the lot from you :) bonnet bumper wings :) some t**t dropped a window on the front of mine :(

Clio
That sucks! whats happening with the coilovers, wheels, front bumper and wings? Only a few miles down the M-way ;)

172 rep
Hi bud is that 172 wings on the front? As I may have the lot from you :) bonnet bumper wings :) some t**t dropped a window on the front of mine :(

Yeah dude, 172 wings, all recently sprayed in Pearl Black too. Front bumper isn't in very good condition as about a week before me crash I hit a dog, no dents in it just that the paint has come off and clips have broken on it. PM me dude

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Why not carry on driving it ? Can source a bumper and bonnet for not much, surely ? Especially as you've got ~2k in your pocket ?

Just my tuppence of course.....

:coffee:

172 rep
Gutted mate, sorry to hear about your loss :(

To be honset I'm gutted. Have bought a Saxo VTR as a little runaround for now *cringe* as I've just bought a house.

The difference in coming from me clio into the Saxo is ridiculous. Had everything in the Clio - Climate Control, auto lights etc. Now i got a shitty Saxo that has no interior comforts at all!!

Ahh well, what happens i spose!

On the plus side should get a nice payout in compo as I was unable to walk for a week!!

172 rep
Why not carry on driving it ? Can source a bumper and bonnet for not much, surely ? Especially as you've got ~2k in your pocket ?

Just my tuppence of course.....

:coffee:

As it's been wrote off as a Cat C my insuarnce have advised I would have to have it VIN(?) checked and alo have it OK'd by the DVLA and also have a new MOT put on it before they would insure it again.

Too much hassle to be honest, just cut my losses and strip it.

Once i get the compensation, thinking of getting a 182.

What sort of speed was that at it sounds quite bad? At least it's getting sorted though and you can move on to something better.

172 rep
Not too sure what speed he was going to be honest. I saw him coming behind me and knew he wouldnt be able to stop i would estimate he was doing about 40-50 mph. Think the damage is bad as I was completely stationary with my brakes on.

2.2 bar shed.
No way was he going 40 - 50 if thats all the damage. 25 - 30 sounds about right.

172 rep
Yeah, think 40-50 probably bit excessive!

The damage is pretty bad though. I know it doesn't look like much from the picture I have posted, but the entire boot floor is crumpled inside.

Probably, as you say, 30, by the time he actually came into contact with my rear end!