ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

been in an accident tonight - RIP Williams :o(

Civic Si
A guy smashed into the back of a car who them slammed into the back of me and i hit the guy infront. :dapprove:

damage back and front including bent bonnet (it now wont open) smashed headlights, bumpers all smashed in. The rear bumber is smashed up, rear left arch has crumpled a bit, it's also crumpled up the side towards the roof, the bottom of the boot is crumpled on one side as well.
will almost certainly be a write-off i'd imagine.

They've just come to tow her away to be locked up ready for the body shop tomorrow.

all because someone wasn't paying enough attention whilst driving.

absolutely gutted. :dapprove:

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Sorry to hear that mate.

He must have hit the car behind you at some speed if it caused so much damage to yours, hope police take action against him if this wasn't a one off.

Civic Si
cheers guys.
just can't believe it. had the car for nearly 4 years.
some of the others complained of whiplash but i felt ok at the time but now i'm definitely starting to feel it. not gonna bother with a claim, it's not worth it.

the guy was just joining the dual carriage way, i'm told he was looking over his shoulder, accelerated to get out in front of a car not realising that we were all coming to a standstill for traffic lights and boom, i heard a massive smash and before i even had chance to looking my rear mirror i got hit.

if they write it off, i'm not even sure if i'll get another williams, just wont be the same. :(

have got pics but have lost my phone cable so can't get them on yet.
will try at the weekend.

Civic Si
definately get the wiplash claim and that in mate!

tbh, so many people claim now-a-days for supposed "whiplash" it kind of spoils of it for when people actual need to.

plus i can walk about, it's just very sore so i can't really justify it. If i was seriously hurt then definitely but not just for this.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
TBH mate, you're sore because of someones error, I think you should make a claim.

If you're not injured I wouldn't make a claim but you are.

Some of the others complained of whiplash but i felt ok at the time but now i'm definitely starting to feel it. not gonna bother with a claim, it's not worth it.

I'm sorry, but why are you not claiming for this!!

Do you not realise that it may not effect you too much now, but in a few years, you could have some bigger problems!

You should definitely claim!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Some of the others complained of whiplash but i felt ok at the time but now i'm definitely starting to feel it. not gonna bother with a claim, it's not worth it.

I'm sorry, but why are you not claiming for this!!

Do you not realise that it may not effect you too much now, but in a few years, you could have some bigger problems!

You should definitely claim!

agree.

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Had an ex and she had the same as you, and it effects her years later because she didn't go and have it looked at/treated by a physio straight away. She claimed for it and got a pay out, but it was too late to sort her neck out. Gets headaches all the time now.

Get some physio, and make a claim to pay for that and have some spare.

Monaco Blue Mk2
As bad as it feels/sounds, I'd claim mate. At the end of the day every other c**t will and you'll end up out of pocket if you don't. You'll probably get a poor payout for the car and then your insurance will go up despite it not being your fault.

Cupra
Particularly as the effects can go on for years. My sister also put a claim in when somebody crashed into her but she is still feeling the effects quite seriously three years on!

BMW F21 125d
Claim for whiplash, i have but be advised its a very long process, my crash was a year ago yesterday and i've still not recieved my compo. The 3rd party keep making poor offers so my case goes to court on Sept 17th, it can be a very long process, i've had to fill in a lot of forms and spent a lot of time on the phone, its worth it, but you often need patience. But i agree with everyone else's comments, you shouldnt be in pain or out of pocket in any way for someone else's actions.

Civic Si
just a quick update.

The car has been declared a write-off. :dapprove:
kind of expected it to be honest.
i will be buying it back and either selling it for someone to break for spares or possibly breaking it myself. would prefer to sell it to someone else for them to strip though

if anyone is interested then let me know.

Tungy
Yeah unlucky. But best for it to be right off. Not worth fixing up by the sounds of it. Did you make a claim? I hope so.

Civic Si
yeah my necks kind of got worse so it's being dealt with.

nah think it's time to move on from the williams. fantastic car, but if i got another one it just wouldn't be the same.

i'm thinking about a honda civic type r ek9.

general thoughts?

Civic Si
just a quick update - obviously sold my written off williams.. was sad to see her go as she was in pretty mint condition :dapprove:

but it gave me the chance to get a new car and i had my heart set on Civic Type R EK9 (Jap import) have had it a couple of weeks and i'm loving it.
icon_biggrin.gif

Once you get it up in Vtec, it would have eaten my williams and if im honest, it would probably take it in the corners too. Here's a few pics. its completely standard apart from the lip on the front bumper.

Comments welcome.

DSCF11881.jpg

DSCF11891.jpg

Never above 25mpg
Not my thing but Christopher will be fapping himself stupid over it! Glad you're pleased with the new car!!

Civic Si
cheers matey. :)
not to everyone's taste im sure.

i had my reservations but once i sat in one and drove it... that was it tbh!