ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 4

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
This game has certainly got a fair few bugs. Froze again 3 times and keep getting random Killed in Action deaths wtf

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Yeah the SG553 is a beast of a gun so are the std assault and PDW on all classes apart from the Support . Been using the G36C that handles pretty good. Going to take ages Liam getting that SPAS

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
My top weapon is that SAR21, top on accuracy K/D and so on. And the knife is my 7th top weapon lol. I'm sure the knife was in the top 5 in BF3. The motion that you take down and take the tags is pretty good if I may say so.

Last edited:

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I know, although if it's anything like the 870 then I won't be missing much :( Shotguns are nothing like BF3.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
What was the spec of the Spas same as 870?. Think need to do close quarter mode for the shotgun to rank up faster for it

I seem to get some big fps dips on the PC. I could be averaging around 80fps for a 10 minutes or so then it just goes into a spaz attack slide show for a few seconds for no reason.

Very annoying. Anyone else getting this?

I have 2 GTX 670s with the latest drivers btw

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
There's a fair bit of slow motion for a few secs on the PS3 the odd day and very larely lag. Just in the game now seems there doing a maintenance tomorrow for a few hours. Doesn't say what their doing like

Track 172, Focus RS
Sorry liam it froze on me before, so i took that oppertunity to go to bed haha! On nights tonight so wont be on till tommorow afternoon probably! Im so inconsistent on it, had an awful game when you first joined and then i was flying just before it froze, same server aswell

FF 182
Again it crashed on me!!!! f**k this s**t, seriously!!! I'll come back if and when they sort this mess out (maybe)!

I have a 62% quit rate, all due to crashes! That is annoying!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I seem to get some big fps dips on the PC. I could be averaging around 80fps for a 10 minutes or so then it just goes into a spaz attack slide show for a few seconds for no reason.

Very annoying. Anyone else getting this?

I have 2 GTX 670s with the latest drivers btw

The latest nVidia drivers absolutely killed it for me - like within 15 seconds of launching the game. I went back to the v331.65 drivers and everything was fine...... or so I thought. Those drivers allowed me to play and complete the entire SP campaign without a single crash, but I had a crash in MP tonight after about 15mins of gameplay.

Tbh, I'm really not feeling BF4 online. Much in the same way I was with BF3. In plays different to any other BF before it, and I can't quite say what the issue is. Having had a dabble at the assault class, I went with my personal and long-time favourite of the engineer. In particular, seeking out opposing vehicles to take out. However, the stock AT launcher really is beyond a joke. 5 out 5 hits and barely one tank smoking. WTF?! I don't expect a tank to burst into a shower of sparks and flames with a single hit, but I do expect it to be affected by my hits.

Even when on foot, there seems to be a delay as to what your inputs are doing, compared to the corresponding action on screen. Time and again, I've finished on 0 kills and had 4 or 5 deaths. Enemies get hit, the flashing crosshair appears, yet a simple spray of lead from a guy 100 yards away with an M416 sees me instantly dead.

I'm wondering if the age-old CounterStrike trick of turning down the graphics to the absolute minimum will help? Sure the game will look s**t, but it should at least respond and behave at a decent rate?

I miss BC2. I miss BF2142. Can we have either of those back please, instead of BF3/BF4? :)

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Something is seriously, seriously f**ked in this game. I'm 38 and definitely don't have quite the same mouse reflexes like I did 20 years back. But another 0-5 K/D round for me it just bulls**t.

Something with the netcode is simply broken. There's nothing else to describe it. I walked into a room just now with two opposing dudes in it - BOTH of which were facing away from me. Aims at the guy lying prone and simply pump him with lead - yet he survives. Matey-boy to his side turns and kills me with one burst. I also died from gunfire (somehow) from a bloke two floors below me which I assume, has several layers of f**king concrete between us??

This is going to be another BF3 for me - I know it is. A perfectly winning franchise formula that DICE and EA just appears to have an amazing skill to f**k up. Guys - seriously. If it's not with all the console and PC crashes that are going on and have yet to be fixed - what the hell have you done to the core game?? SP bots are s**t-thick compared to people online - but I could head-shot these for fun in the campaign. Now online (even in HC mode) my shots anywhere on the enemy appear to count for s**t. Up close, mid-range - distance. It's all irrelevant.

I really have come to the decision that when BF5 arrives (and it will) - I doubt I'll be buying it. They've ruined the series that much for me.....

D.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
^ I felt like that with 3, it annoyed me that much I've not bought 4. I'm going to give it a go on next gen, although I must admit you have confirmed how I thought I'd feel about it, shame.

I miss BC2. I miss BF2142. Can we have either of those back please, instead of BF3/BF4? :)

D.

I loved BF2 and BC2. Both of them are probably the best value for money games i have ever bought.

Im going to stick with BF4 for a while though and hope that it plays smoother with the next few patches (or maybe Nvidia drivers)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I loved BF2 and BC2. Both of them are probably the best value for money games i have ever bought.

Im going to stick with BF4 for a while though and hope that it plays smoother with the next few patches (or maybe Nvidia drivers)

Probably the same here m8 - I was just on my fecking soapbox about it all last night! There's definitely something amiss with hit detection though - really weird. Another example - being an engi/tank driver for the most part in these games - I'm pretty used to how they handle and their weak points. The rear, tracks area, etc. I went toe-to-toe last night with another tank - just me and him. I aimed at his treads and fired. He had the quicker reaction, so his shots fired first and by the end of it (mainly because I wasn't backing down - lol) his final shot killed my tank. His wasn't even smoking??? Fast forward two minutes and I nab the respawned tank and another enemy tank way in the distance - so much so that I'm dialing in a lot of additional shell drop and using the zoom scope. Two hits from me at that range and the tank explodes? After his first hit, he's reversing and rotating the turret to see where I am - then the second shell lands. How can I destroy a non-smoking tank from extreme range in two shots when one at 20 yards away appears impervious to 5 shots - with no engineer to repair in sight???

D.

FF 182
Games fubar'd. Serious netcode issues that even plagued BC2, now 2 games later and its still the same. Remember in BC2, blasting people at close range with shotty, seeing the hit marker and still they lived. I did love BC2 though.

So many problems with BF4, i find it disgusting they can release it when its clearly not a finished article by a long shot!

Nimbus Megane R26
This is why I got a refund for this piece of $hit game. I said from the first 20mins I played it, the hit detection is f00ked.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
My favourite part of the game is the freezing. So enjoyable. Puts me in such a good mood.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Just read that BF4 aren't doing the BF3 ranks so far for the Colonel only goes from 00 to 100 then stops. On BF3 when you reach Colonel then you go to Colonel 01 to 100. You don't on BF4 so i can guess some people will be bored as there already ranked up on pretty much of the unlocks

Yeah still freezes up hell of a lot even so when you choose the Support class that for me freezes up straight away

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Me and a couple of friends have frozen 3+ times today, and when he have frozen the majority of the server has also. It's a mess atm. Lost connection to EA twice too.

FF 182
So basically im reading that they managed to make it worse than before. My god, what a bunch of incompetent fucktards Dice are!

Its laughable!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
So basically im reading that they managed to make it worse than before. My god, what a bunch of incompetent f**ktards Dice are!

Its laughable!

Yep….when it works it's great. But I have no idea what f**king idiot looked at the invite/matchmaking system and thought 'yeah, that's a good idea'.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
You can't invite people at the main menu. You can only join them when they are in a game. At times there has been 3/4 of us on and when searching through all the servers, most if not all have been 24/24 so we have had to join one and just wait for space. Dredz waited 20 mins so he could join once, lol.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Scotty has given up and won't play another game of it, ever.

His controller has also given up…….lol.