ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bargain 595 RS-R's

LY FF182
Just ordered a set of 4 RS-R tyres last Wednesday, 8th may, and they turned up today.. 4 working days recorded delivery. Size 195/50 15. Payed £277 delivered!! I thought this was a bargain price!!

Just thought people might find this useful.

http://www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk/

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
My car does almost as much hard work on the road as it would on track so it concerns me a fair bit, i'll probably stick with pilot sports tbh.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
After having two blow outs at high speed that's not something I wish to gamble with.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Despite this people have said they are fine to carry on using them

Yes lots of people have said that, and in my own case I have carried on and not had any problems so far, and our car sees far more hard use than most.

Ive actually started using the RSR's as dry tyres on our RS2 equipped car now and I only run "proper" tyres (pilot sport cups) on the turbo now, as I have found that in the dry although not quite as grippy the RSR seem to have a really nice level of grip that just perfectly suits our suspension setup, more grip just makes the car lean more and although it IS slightly quicker on cups etc, its not as nice to drive.

We still easily outpaced the Williams Trophy at combe in the bends despite that being on A048 and stripped out and ours being full weight still and only RSR. It just goes to show how much easier it is to drive a setup that works well together even if it actually lacks a bit of ultimate grip.

I view them as the perfect tyre for most 172 clios TBH! Its just a shame about the edges wearing out so quickly and the big cracks!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Not heard of the cracks before. But Ye about the sidewalls. I had two fit on the front a day before llandow in march. Passenger sidewall was worn down a fair bit. Still seem fine now though.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Mine are ok so far but I don't do many miles tbh. Got a track day in 5 weeks at Anglesey so I'll push them a bit. I'm not sure what to get the camber set to though...I don't want them to wear the insides on the road but I want enough camber for track.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Mine are ok so far but I don't do many miles tbh. Got a track day in 5 weeks at Anglesey so I'll push them a bit. I'm not sure what to get the camber set to though...I don't want them to wear the insides on the road but I want enough camber for track.

We havent seen any issues at all on the inside from road use with camber, but we have seen heavy wear on track when not using enough.
I'd aim for about 2 degree if using RSR, if not more. (on the front, rears arent such an issue)

Cup In bits
This ^^^

If your scrubbing outside of tyres it needs more camber.

On my car with new cup shocks and eibach sportlines I got heavy shoulder wear on the outside edge with road tyres and 3 degrees camber. I actually think it could be done with a bit more camber due to the roll you get on track if your driving hard with this setup. I think it will only get worse with RS-R's and better grip, I will find out on Sunday as I just bought a full set in 205/45/16.

They are going for £73.40 delivered if anyone's interested.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
This ^^^

If your scrubbing outside of tyres it needs more camber.

On my car with new cup shocks and eibach sportlines I got heavy shoulder wear on the outside edge with road tyres and 3 degrees camber. I actually think it could be done with a bit more camber due to the roll you get on track if your driving hard with this setup. I think it will only get worse with RS-R's and better grip, I will find out on Sunday as I just bought a full set in 205/45/16.

They are going for £73.40 delivered if anyone's interested.

The shoulders are soft though mate, we got more wear on these than on 888 in terms of the shoulder, and thats with the same camber on both and the 888 are grippier and also wear quicker normally, its just that RSR seem to have weak shoulders.

More camber since has helped to slow the wear down though.

Cup In bits
The shoulders are soft though mate, we got more wear on these than on 888 in terms of the shoulder, and thats with the same camber on both and the 888 are grippier and also wear quicker normally, its just that RSR seem to have weak shoulders.

More camber since has helped to slow the wear down though.

Ahrite okay, they might be a multi compound tyre.

I will just live with 3 deg camber for track and road I think, anymore and I'll kill them on the road quick.

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
I have them on the back of my Megane, seem fine on the road. every other tyre ive had on the back makes the rear end really lively when they are close to the wear marks. my 595's are way over the wear marks and still gripping spot on..

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Ah right. I was still pretty impressed with the grip they had though! I think at my next change I'll be going with RSR's.

As for the prices, they change all the time, sometimes they're more, sometimes they're less.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ahrite okay, they might be a multi compound tyre.

I will just live with 3 deg camber for track and road I think, anymore and I'll kill them on the road quick.

3 is big boy camber, I wouldnt go more than that.

Thats about what my turbo is running (I say about as Ive changed to different shocks so it will no doubt have changed slightly, but the bolts are still on max) and that doesnt seem to harm the inside on the RSR although I dont do huge road miles on it (only done about 2,000 miles this year in that car so far)

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Did you also know about the euro specs ones are actually a lower quality as well? (generally the ones that are cheap on websites)

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Gone through many, many sets of 595RSR and all have cracked across the width of the tyre, never had a problem with them though. Most have been worn down below the markers too. I had a problem with scrubbing the wall on hard cornering too. After my most recent track day, 3 degrees neg camber seemed to fix this :D

I actually prefer 595RSR over R888 on a clio.

E30 325i & 172 Cup
I am looking for some 195/50/15 atm and was thinking of the 595RSR, but Yoko AD08's are only about £300 including delivery, so I might go with those instead.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Gone through many, many sets of 595RSR and all have cracked across the width of the tyre, never had a problem with them though. Most have been worn down below the markers too. I had a problem with scrubbing the wall on hard cornering too. After my most recent track day, 3 degrees neg camber seemed to fix this :D

Identical to my experience

I actually prefer 595RSR over R888 on a clio.

Agreed, unless its on very hard suspension the 595 is the ideal amount of grip, any more on just basic suspesnion upgrades and the car leans too much IMHO

Its just SO controllable on 595 on my mrs car, no surprises at all and can carry really decent speed.

Camera car = full road weight on 595 and cooksport springs and cup shocks
Trophy in the vid = stripped out and running A048 and sachs with whiteline ARB

TBH my driving was a bit better realistically as it was Rich's first time driving the trophy and he isnt as used to combe, but even still you can see him struggling for grip mid bend (look at 2:55 in) and ours just perfectly planted.

I think that in terms of feel/handling the 595 is the perfect match for a "fast road" clio, not the ultimate corner speed, but it just feels right.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 182 FF
Just inspected mine today. 80 motorway miles and 20 odd laps round Oulton park not exactly giving it death either.....

20130516_171030_zps48fb9b15.jpg

20130516_170439_zps13a4311c.jpg

Cup In bits
Eeeek are they getting close to markers in the middle? I am due to get mine fitted tomorrow.

Nothing to worry about from all reports, can't help but think some testers would knock this line in some cases.

Clio 182 FF
No its just the pictures the tyres are like new! I fitted brand new tyres then drove to oulton park did around 20 laps then drove home.