ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bargain 595 RS-R's

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Did you also know about the euro specs ones are actually a lower quality as well? (generally the ones that are cheap on websites)

Nobody was listening mate, you will have to shout ;)

Race team did some tests as were stumped as to why times had dropped off round a usual test circuit were more than 1 to 2 seconds off.

Swapped tyres for UK supplied ones instantly times back to what they had been, only answer was tyres sourced from elsewhere.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Race team did some tests as were stumped as to why times had dropped off round a usual test circuit were more than 1 to 2 seconds off.

Swapped tyres for UK supplied ones instantly times back to what they had been, only answer was tyres sourced from elsewhere.

Ive heard similar, but not seen any actual proof, TBH I put it down to scaremongering by the more expensive retailers, it seems unlikely to me that federal would have a reason to use a different compound.

If that is the case though, I will need to make sure I never end up with UK ones by accidents as mine were cheap online ones and I think they are fantastic so would hate to end up on softer ones that are slightly better for cornering but dont last as long, may as well go back to 888 then!

Cup In bits

If it was a race regulation tyre and that was the only thing to get one up on the next competitor then I would worry but for a track car as long as there good I'm happy. I fitted mine today so I will see how they fare on Sunday, I would say my set probably fall in that 'cheap' bracket too as they were the cheapest I could find around.

WRX
I'd be questioning the quality of the test driver, if he couldn't tell the difference. For the price, I'm not expecting ultimate performance, just better than road tyres.