ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Badge removal gone wrong ... Advise please

RS6 C7
Iv'e always used a bit of fishing wire, Heated up the badge first with a hair-dryer to soften the glue then it usually comes off easy.

renault clio 182
It works anyway and is always a handy use of the car club ownership cards does require alot of hot water tho lol

Well think il give the string way a go when I do my Renault and sport badge I've always been a bit wary of heating up with hair dryer tho incase I damage the paint

BG FF 182
It works anyway and is always a handy use of the car club ownership cards does require alot of hot water tho lol

Well think il give the string way a go when I do my Renault and sport badge I've always been a bit wary of heating up with hair dryer tho incase I damage the paint
Should be okay, I wouldn't have thought it would damage it.

RB 182 / V6 Touareg
Thanks guys... I'm in n.ireland so postage on the boot lid on eBay might be higher. Might give them a buzz tomorrow!
how it looks today after a quick clean!!! Steve

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    510.7 KB · Views: 98
  Clio 172 RS2
Holy crap... so much for double sided tape. I am guessing previous owner superglued it on!? :eek:

So what are you looking at now; spot repair or full respray. Color is metallic... right.

Was thinking that myself I got one complete side done for that money and getting the bonnet and front bumper done for £100
My local guy is spot on with me. I've taken 5 spoilers to be sprayed with him (1 dynamique, 3 1*2 Cup Spoilers and a 200 Cup Spoiler). Charged me £30 for each one and did a great job on each one.

renault clio 182
My local guy is spot on with me. I've taken 5 spoilers to be sprayed with him (1 dynamique, 3 1*2 Cup Spoilers and a 200 Cup Spoiler). Charged me £30 for each one and did a great job on each one.

Just goes too show look around or handy too be friendly with a painter too lol

Amazes me how cheap some people will do it for, I wouldn't get out of bed to paint a spoiler for £30.

ITB BG 182
To paint that properly you won't see much change out of £200.

What a gutter!!
Your paint shop must love you!!

My local painted the front bumper after some one scuffed the drivers side, re laquered over the cf foglight covers, covered the little tiny bits of plastic in the lip of the front bumper both sides, then took the dent out the rear bumper and a full respray on both parts for £210.

There is not a mark, spot or bubble any where. Its spotless!

^ That's cheap though. Daniel's estimate is about right for my place, the places you're all quoting are doing it for buttons, so they're either cutting corners somewhere or making pennies in profit every job they do.

ITB BG 182
type into google 'body and tuning' it should be the first link, its a body shop based in mansfield and the guy works for himself.

The lad who owns it is Andy, ive seen alot of his work and all of it has been brilliant, his air brushing techniq is also great.

The thing is though, if he gets people to come back time after time for work that is slightly cheaper than others, who gets the most money? More work less profit % or mor profit % less work??