ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back box question

Hi, I'm in desperate need of a backbox no one on here seems to have one. So been having a look around and seen this on ebay http://tinyurl.com/ckdzza2, looks the same shape as the standard phase 1, I presume its a pattern part, does anyone have any experience of these, likely to last 10 minutes and then go ka-put?

Also, bought a cat today off a member, didn't realise it was just bolt on, are there any gaskets that need to be used ot can i just bolt the cat straight onto the pipes?

Cheers, Mike.

172/1.2/E30
Cat needs a gasket on the rear flange and a manifold-cat fitting kit for the connection to the manifold.

Yeah found the cat to manifold kit, is it easy enough to fix? As in obvious, I really am a mechanical r****d.

Do you have a link to the gasket for the rear flange? Can't see anything.

Cheers.

172/1.2/E30
It's just a metallic gasket. Get one from your nearest dealership or use high-temp silicone. Fitting the cat on a ph1/ph2 172 isn't the nicest job tbh. Access is pretty limited.