ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Express Red Hot Clio RS

B-road bully

no way can it be £17k! its a small renault sports car for f*ck sake!, they out their mind?? ull prob get 2nd mk5 golf gtis for that much round that time. ps that picture luks photoshoped^^

could be i just copied it off there web site, i like it looks mad doubt it will be 17k tho there allways differnt things begin said about new car co they dont want people to find out, like they thought the modus was the new clio lol idiots but reno let them run with it.

The pic is shopped from a montage of spy shots that they have, these are more of an artists impression rather than final design but looks great imo!

R

rich[182]

Mag says its a non turbo 4 cylinder 2.0 circa 200bhp, also makes out no more Clio V6
New Clio RS prob not out in UK until Autumn 2006

Current shape Clio out in 182 Trophy in June, same 179 bhp but further suspension tweaks

Also says their will only by 160 Megane RS 225 Trophys in UK

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by George16v on 11 May 2005 I want to see a picture or the Article, Does anyone have a link or can someone forward it to me please? [/QUOTE]Have PMd you!

Ah well, as the person above got away with posting the cover of the mag Ill add this!

Article removed.

[Edited by Lee on 5/12/2005 9:52:04 AM]

Back end of the new one looks like a mix between an alfa and the BMW hatch.

Cant see how the bonnet opens on the new one? has to be a shop

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 12 May 2005

The front page is OK, but you might get in trouble for posting the actual article.
APOLOGIES to the mods if I shouldnt have posted it but as the above pics stayed, I thought it was OK!! :oops:

Lots of Alfas

It looks OK in that picture I was expecting it to be crap. However I wander if it is accurate, Ive seen loads of different pictures on the internet that all differ slightly.

Quote: Originally posted by morph on 11 May 2005
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">I spoke to a renault sales man yesterday and he has comfirmed that the trophy will be out shortly with 205bhp and in a limited color like the pearl yellow or titanium color to match the megane trophy.

really?

go back to him and tell him that he is talking out of his arse, and thats the reason that you drive a honda! :)

/y0z

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 11 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by morph on 11 May 2005

I spoke to a renault sales man yesterday and he has comfirmed that the trophy will be out shortly with 205bhp and in a limited color like the pearl yellow or titanium color to match the megane trophy.
they told me yesterday that its going to be green and have the engine out of the current Dodge Viper:confused:

Well if they do then youll be one pissed OFF 182 owner!:)

The Jinx

I thought the funniest bit was the renault spokesman saying that the 172/182 was styled for conservative tastes on the continent and thats why it was virtually industinguishable from the rest of the range.

Nice to see the new one gets good old fashioned bespoke hot hatch coachwork though, even if it does weigh waaayy too much.

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 11 May 2005

Tiff will definately whip that civic TR round the track this time then, I think you will find Honda are now the ball lickers! lol
Fraid not, I have spyshots from work of a 278BHP Civic Type-R planned for 2006....

Its got switchable traction control and an optional quiockshift gearbox for the sad tw*ts

Quote: Originally posted by Chris nnic on 13 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 12 May 2005

This might be more helpfull

http://www.rs-team.org/home/home.php?p=15http://www.rs-team.org/home/home.php?p=15
Ouch! Thats a heavy bugger! May as well forget the extra horses!

Chris

Bloody hell its gained an extra 160kgs for only a small power hike, power to weight has dropped by 10bhp per tonne, not good?

Like the look though, its how the Megane should have looked imho:)

Simon.

Soz I cant show you, it was only for colleges, but I can tell you that its got its still natrually aspirated!

and will be a 2.4 i-vtec with newly designed ECU and a LSD