ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audi TTs detail

172 Cup
Well a few days ago I had the pleasure of detailing an awesome Audi TT S.

I had a look at the car a few days before i done it and could tell that the owner had taken care of it to the best of his ability, it only really showed signs of some swirling with one to two very small RDS (random deep scratches). So with that in mind it was booked in for an enhancement detail with the owner opting to use Zymol Titanium wax to be used at the end.

Got up bright and early to start work at 8 and got cracking:

On arrival:

Picture357.jpg

Picture358.jpg

Picture359.jpg

Picture360.jpg

Picture361.jpg

Picture362.jpg

The wheels and arches where the first port of call:

~ Wheels soaked in Bilberry wheel cleaner & agitated with various brushes
~ Arches sprayed with Megs APC
~ Tyres sprayed with Megs APC & agitated with various brushes

Picture364.jpg

Picture363.jpg

Picture365.jpg

~ Next the car was then sprayed with Orange pre wash to remove the film of dirt that had built up and to loosen any heavier deposits of dirt/bird droppings on the car:

Picture366.jpg

Picture367.jpg

~ This was then followed by a coating of snow foam and left to dwell for a few minutes while intricate areas such as shuts, badges, the spoiler, petrol cap, front grill etc where brushed:

Picture368.jpg

Picture369.jpg

Picture370.jpg

Picture371.jpg

Picture372.jpg

~ After this the car was then fully rinsed and washed using the 2bm and mitt, rinsed again and dried using a miracle drying towel.

At this point the weather stepped in and started raining :( this meant that there aren’t any pics of the next few stages as i was up against the clock basically.

~ Anyway the weather cleared and the car was clayed, not too much contamination came off the car but there was enough:

Picture373.jpg

Picture375.jpg

~ It was then time to tape up the car ready for machine polishing to begin:

Picture376.jpg

Some before shots (sorry I can’t really show what defects I was up against with the light and my camera skills):

Picture377.jpg

Picture378.jpg

Picture379.jpg

(Notice the marring and swirling in the paint which became much more apparent after it had been clayed)

~ Once taped up I tested out a few different pad and compound combos and settled on a 2 stage 3M process to help achieve the finish I was looking for.

~ After both stages where complete the tape was taken off, the car was wiped down

~ Time for a coat of the wax:

Picture381.jpg

~ While this was left to cure the glass was taken care of:

Picture398.jpg

~ The wheels were then sealed with Poorboys wheel sealant and the tyres dressed with Megs endurance gel

Picture397.jpg

~ The tail pipes were polished, from this...:

Picture359.jpg

...to this:

Picture385.jpg

~ Finally the wax was removed and the car was given its final wipe down with Zymol Field Glaze:

Picture396.jpg

Here are some after shots of the finished article:

Picture395.jpg

Picture394.jpg

Picture404.jpg

Picture403.jpg

Picture402.jpg

Picture401.jpg

Picture400.jpg

Picture393.jpg

Picture392.jpg

Picture391.jpg

Picture390.jpg

Picture389.jpg

Picture388.jpg

Picture387.jpg

Picture386.jpg

Picture384.jpg

Picture383.jpg

My favourite shot of it finished:

Picture382.jpg

This was possibly my favourite detail out of everyone I have ever done, the owner was extremely pleased and so was I and at the end of the day we both left looking like the sticker in his rear window:

Picture405.jpg

Thanks for reading, comments welcome :)

172 Cup
Thanks lads, unfortunately not :( i am just about to order myself some IronX along with a few other things i need to stock up on though!

Looks stunning...well done. :D How long did all that take you?
I would never let anyone else touch my car but the effort and results you have achieved would change my mind.

172 Cup
Cheers pinky, all in all it took me from 8 in the morning until just over 7 at night, stopping once for 15-20 mins for my dinner, i was fooked in the end! lol.

Lolz at the spec crack, if it had been mine i would have opted for the things you have mentioned too but never the less still a very very nice car!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Those wheels suit the car I thought. Are the 19's cyclone style?

Looks great mate. You favourite shot really came out well I must say.

11 hours!! eek. Iv gotta do mine on Saturday ready for the Spring Fest at Santa Pod....you have inspired me :D ....I better get to bed early on Friday night then..lol.

Last edited:
  172 Cup
Thanks gally! lol pinky well you get out what you put in i suppose, nothing like reading a few detailing threads to get you inspired though!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Actually i think they are 19's, they just don't look as good as the RS4 wheels.

Also a woeful sounding motor too! Not like the TT-RS! :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They look old hat now though, it's a new TT so I quite like the fact it has new style wheels on it.

You know it's bad when Jason has the same set on his Bora.