ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aucky's Trophy.. Progress Thread

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Wheels look ace!! Although i think i preferred them the black/rusty colour they were before if im entirely honest ;)

There is still a huge patch if rust on my Grandad's drive lol.

very tidy :)

have you considered some more carbon fibre items? fog light surrounds/rear bumper insert/headlight washers blanking plate :D

I used to have cf exhaust surrounds, went off them. I prefer oem plastic now.

nice alloys just dont think they look good on the trophy or the nose ring. nice car though

They are just my winter / track (eventually) wheels. I have my 6 month old immaculate Turinis stashed away for summer.

A very nice example of a modified Trophy - good stuff! :D

Thanks! :)

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
**WINTER SPEC UPDATE**

Apologies for the lame iPhone photos...

Mark Fish springs & Koni adjustable rear dampers.

Pro Race 3 wheels painted Lunar Grey & Dunlop M3 Sport winter tyres.

I've moved the photos on photobucket, so I've had to repost.

d1d4e694.jpg

6da17fe4.jpg

e7ee4ced.jpg

5401047b.jpg

85176cfd.jpg

LOL. I was thinking of buying one of them, as my passenger side damper has s**t itself after 6months/4k.

Not as expensive as they were, but still more than a refurb. You going to sell yours on?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Spring is almost here so the winter tyres came off yesterday and were replaced with Yoko AD08 on 195/50 r15.

I've been feeling that the handling has been a little 'off' lately, but with it being winter the car has been driven pretty sedately for the last few months. I can now put this down to the big wobbly tread blocks on the 55 profile winter tyres.

The m6 was s**t last night so I forced to take 40miles of B roads at 1am. Blessing on disguise?

The trophy is now razor sharp again, seriously, what a machine. I'm bowled over by these tyres, even on damp roads they hold on far longer than I care to push it on public roads.

The only downside is that the combination of hard sidewalls and mark fish springs mean that the car is a bit tricky to handle over bumps and broken Tarmac.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Yesturday I lifted the bonnet to do some routine checks and noticed my breather filter had vanished. The pipe has obviously been dripping a little bit of oil as well.

Found it!
Melted on the exhaust manifold.

DSC00636.jpg

The temporary replacement.

DSC00642.jpg

I have a catch tank somewhere. I'll route it out this week and figure out somewhere to mount it.

Trophy #382
I have always thought this is quite a serious weakpoint with the standard RS2 setup. Mine does have the odd drip out of it too. Oil + hot manifold :S

Liking the ghetto catch tank btw

RS2'd Trophy
Mine is soaked in oil aswell! Definitely need a cath tank setup with the rs2. I think the F4r breaths quite heavily.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Had a crack at painting a few bits

8617a05a.jpg

New dampers are on! 2x layers of C5, 2x layers of C1.5
Andy and Steve's legs in the background :p

ed5630d9.jpg

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Not at all. They didn't particularly need a refurb tbh.

I bought them because they were the last set in stock at the time and it felt like a good time to change them :)