ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are 1.2 16v Thottle Bodies Coded to the car

Clio
My clio 1.2 16v 2001 wlectrical, light or w.e used to come on occationally, then runnig rubbish, stalling at junctions , ect

Then now it will sometimes only rev upto 3000ish in each gear

Anyway replaced Map sensor , coilpack, spark plugs, cleaned up lambda sensor at the cat below,

After some research I have seen that many have the problem and replaced the TB , so , i had it plugged in ,

×missfire on cylider 2

missfire on cylider 1

map sesnor

lambda sensor

all been replaced but no joy

So my mane question is for tomoro wen i go get a second hand throttlebody to change and clean

but are they coded to each certain car or can you change them , obviously a 1.2 16v

hopefully this will do the trick

Thanks if you have read this far but seems there is a few woth this problem

extreme flamer
What are you using to diagnose your faults? I've been told the cheaper handheld ones just kind of point you in the direction of the fault (not very specific to the exact fault!)
I've got the same problem and replaced the coil pack, spark plugs (twice), throttle pedal, a sensor (might be map, I don't know) , it just never seems to be properly fixed.

I think any throttle body would work with your car as long as it's the same one as yours, they need to be programmed to your car but if you've got a haynes book that tells you. Something like turn ignition on for 3 seconds then start the engine, turn it off for 5 seconds, start engine again and leave to get upto temp then go a drive (have someone confirm this)

I'm considering buying a throttle body too but I'm just worried that it won't fix the issue like the rest of the replaced parts, I think proper diagnosis is the only solution without guesswork/code readers.

Clio
yeah it sumt like leave on 20 seconds then start, but il wprry abwt that tomoro, and im using a snap on one from a mate at a garage , must be an expensive one tbh because it has all the makes of cars n special green chip things haha,

But yeah , my list for the breakers tomoro is ,

Throttle body and maybe pedal also

Cat-back system (standard)

Standard airbox

And Lambda sensors

All this to see if running at standard will effect it ,

hopeing for Ok weather in Scarborough to fit it all, but at work at 3 so need to be one haha let people know how it goes and what i used so far.

Does anyone know how many lambdors clio 1.2 16v have , one at the cat and is there one at the manifold?

Clio 172 RS2
Not coded i presume... no knowledge with a 1.2

Renewed my fly-by-wire TB last year, just bolted it on without problems.

FF Clio 182
Clio 1.6 16v has 2 sensors!

The one before the cat in the upstream oxygen sensor. All it does is protect the cat.

The second Is after the cat and is called the downstream oxygen sensor. This one checks emissions and the mixture is right.

All cars need the latter one by law the first is a recent things and is not always required. I always say its £60 for a sensor or £200+ for a new cat.

No brainer really

Clio
Well got a Throttle body off a 1.2 16v clio, seems to be not very old at all, even has writting on it sayin the car make an all, also got a stabdard airbox,

All getting fitted monday, along woth a De-cat seen as mine has collapsed/collapsing...so hopefully all shud be good after.

New Coilpack - £75
NEW Map Sensor - £55
Second hand/newish Throttle body - Free
Second hand Aorbox- Free
Decat pipe -£15
Labour and Diagnostic help - £46

extreme flamer
A free throttle body which doesn't look that old, thats a good result, I need someone that kind so I can see if mines is really at fault or if its something else!
Good luck for monday, hopefully you solve your problem I know how annoying it is seeing that stupid little light and low revs every time you drive your car.