ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Arch rolling

big boost cup
I'm in desperate need to roll my front arches and just wandered if I could use a heat gun to mould the arch to where I wanted it. Without affecting the paint work?

big boost cup
Its only the inner lip of the arch that needs to move failing that I might cut it out with a dremel

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Not a lot point in rolling them, the tyres will wear through them eventually giving perfect clearance.

big boost cup
Well I've not got a clue what I'm doing so might just cut them and bodge some over fender things on it

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Id honestly just let them rub through, Ive have on my Williams and my 172 and it will look far neater than if you ever took a cutting impliment to them. Is it rubbing in a straight line or just when turning? if its the later you are probably catching the bumper/headlight brackets and not the arches.

big boost cup
I'd rather they didn't rub at 220 a tire. it's more the fact of trying to slow the car down when the nose dips down

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I remember a thread years ago mate and they just cut the inner lip, of course nothing will really be holding the liner up except 2-3 clips.

They could be rolled with heat etc but would take some doing.

220 Trophy
I don't run arch liners because drag slicks. Looks like I shall do some chopping about then cheers

Did you trim your arches in the end? I've fitted some 30mm spacers and I think the tyres may be just touching now and again (strangely more with the T1R's on the road rather than the 888's on the track?!) so was planning to trim the arches a few millimetres with the Dremmel. Any tips?