ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple Mac Upgrade Time?

SchwepTek™
So i currently have a 2.16ghz White iMac and have had it for nearly 3 years now.

I really want to upgrade to something newer and am loving the new macbooks especially when hooked up to a new LED cinema display.

home_hero20081014.png

Is it worth the upgrade, bearing in mind i'd only get about £500 for my imac, or should i just go for a new style iMac???

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'll be buying a MacBook rather than another iMac when I upgrade from the same model you have.

SchwepTek™
I'll be buying a MacBook rather than another iMac when I upgrade from the same model you have.

Thats what i'm thinking.

I could do with a laptop for the simple fact i can take it anywhere, whenever i want and its also better around the house.

I just can't believe how much more expensive they are compared to the previous gen macbooks.

Why? there are touchscreen PCs out atm, apple wont be having that lol

I read somewere their waiting for a new OS before they make touchsceen imacs, one thats more touch friendy i guess. not saying its true, just read it somewere. wud be cool tho

6/468 17poo
Ive got one of the new Macbooks use it ALOT for music videos and net, good for djing too, as it doesnt seem to slow up!

Monaco Blue Mk2
Thats what i'm thinking.

I could do with a laptop for the simple fact i can take it anywhere, whenever i want and its also better around the house.

Makes sense mate. I got a macbook about a year ago. I'm at uni so it makes sense for me to able to take it anywhere. I have it connected to my Samsung HD on my desk when at home with the macbook hidden away, it's just like a desktop then, best of both worlds that way. Performs better than my dads desktop anyway!

DMS

A thirsty 172
15" MacBook Pro FTW.
Install Bootcamp and VMWare. Then you get the choice of running Mac OS X and XP / Vista natively, or Vista through a VM.