ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple Mac book

Citroen DS3 DSport
Same software on both and similar spec too. If you know anyone doing a Degree course at Uni then you can pick up the 13" MBP for roughly the same price by using the 15% Higher Education discount at a Apple Store. Buy a larger HDD afterwards and fit it yourself for very little cost.

Go cry to your momma!
Or get a normal laptop and hackintosh it ;D

I got a dell Studio 1555, 15.6" 1080p, 4GB, 2.4ghz, 500GB & a backlit keyboard for just shy of £500 off the outlet store..

Citroen DS3 DSport
I ventured into the Hackintosh way of things and in the end I bought a 13" MBP because it did everything better than my Dell did. The Dell trackpads I've used have all been terrible and unresponsive. They may be a cheaper option but they do not offer the same quality experience.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd always recommend the Apple refurb store, found on the bottom of the Apple UK store page --> to grab a bargain click here.

I bought both of mine from there and have had iMac for 18 months, MB for a year with no issues I can think of ! Probably saved £500 overall.

You might have to wait a few weeks to get what you want, but I think they update it on the fly now. It used to have new updates once a week only...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just looking to get an apple mac. I want a mac book pro, but for the spec I want, I don't really wanna spend around 1200.

Is there any major difference between a mac book pro and a regular mac book, apart from a backlit keyboard, looks slightly diff and (i guess) comes with updated software?

Looking at this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002TU70NE/?tag=cliospnet01-21

There are only four difference between the Macbook and MB Pro, iirc?

• Backlit keyboard on the Pro
  • SD slot on the Pro
  • Difference case on the Pro
  • Firewire port on the Pro
Apart from that, they are identical.

D.

Citroen DS3 DSport
And the poly MacBook is actually better spec'd

Only the HDD is a better spec and that is a quick and easy upgrade. The SD slot, illuminated keyboard and Firewire port are better selling points. Also the MBP can be upgraded to 8GB RAM compared to 4GB on the MacBook.