ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apex 40mm or 60mm Kit for 172?

hi

ive ordered the 40mm kit for my 172, just thinking would it have been better to go with the 60mm?

opinions?

i can change the order to 60mm, im planing on getting Turini's, and already have cup splitter. which is better?

any pics?

I don't rate either very highly its a cheap kit.

IMO chnage to a more expensive setup ie coilovers or Bilstein then again I don't rate them superbly there just the best none OE shocks you can buy In my experiance.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
Yes they do do 40mm apex spring because i have them on mine.
Im running with 172 mk1 15"s and its very low so i wouldnt do 60mm as i think you,ll be pushing it.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
P1200029.jpg

Or with 17s-

LOW1.jpg

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i had just as much fun with my apex dampers and -60mm springs as i do with my £700 fk silverline X adjustables.

apex is going on my birds clio now lol

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
dont do 60mm on a 1*2 ... itl be too low. i struggle n mines only lowered 40mm.

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
k-tec racing £110 delivered

or i have a 3 month old set if you can sort out getting them collected you can have the for £45 they are off my 172 cup

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
they only produce the 40mm drop for RS models

despite what everyone on here says, they are a good setup for the cash...i've had two cars with them.

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
yeah they are 40mm mate bit of a hard ride but best hight you can get on just springs with good handling

i am only selling my old set as the clio i just bought has them on it already

oh right ok, ive stuck with 40mm's, its just when i ordered from motorworld they gave me a choice of 40mm or 60mm.

But 16's with 40mm loooks nice and low, perfect height :)

Meg on pistonheads £6995
40 is plenty - I've got that on a standard car (higher than 172 normally)

I still catch front splitter if not careful parking!