ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone know this 172 Cup?

ex-Chinese Dave

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been owned by a Ferrari repair place. Seems cheap. Are we looking at a car that was used as a curtesy car or something thats been tracked and been recommissioned?

koksracing

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  clio 172
That looks decent in fairness Dave - looks clean from the pictures and even has a spare turini wheel which would suggest it’s been looked after

It’s been off the road for a few years which is worth investigating but other than that it looks good

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Cup 172
f**king wish I kept mine. Sold it for much much less a few years back with about 50k less miles🤣

ex-Chinese Dave

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks decent in fairness Dave - looks clean from the pictures and even has a spare turini wheel which would suggest it’s been looked after

It’s been off the road for a few years which is worth investigating but other than that it looks good

Looks like it'll need the belts, dephaser (?), water pump and a full service. Needs a radio. Maybe the springs and dampers will need to be renewed, too. Anything else that should be done?

Hopefully the engine is ok but how to tell? (It's on 125k)

Waiting for some more pics tomorrow from the seller....

koksracing

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  clio 172
125k isn’t bad on these cars and if you think back it was first on the road in 2003 that’s only 6k a year

I had a Clio 182 trophy that I had up to 160k miles and it never missed a beat

As long as you get the belts / dephaser etc all done it should be fine. You need to factor the £800 into your budget either to do on the car when you buy it or find a car with that work done and it will be £800-£1000 more expensive

Radio - easy enough. £25 or I have about 4 so cover the postage and one is yours

Dampers yep might need doing but they are pretty cheap. Around £70 each

Overall car looks straight. Get some details and then share so we can see if we can help at all

Thanks

SuperCinq

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  172 R27 R8 Spider
It's my car!

Front dampers and springs look pretty new as I remember, I can whip a wheel off and send pictures.

Original front wheel arch liners are all in good condition and all properly attached.

ex-Chinese Dave

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's my car!

Front dampers and springs look pretty new as I remember, I can whip a wheel off and send pictures.

Original front wheel arch liners are all in good condition and all properly attached.
Are you the guy I’ve been speaking to via eBay?

ex-Chinese Dave

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought! Finally I have a car.
Pissing it down when I arrived so not the best conditions to buy. Car looks great, exactly as described. Driving back it didn’t miss a beat and returned 49mpg at an average 45mph. Drives as it should and the gear change feels amazing.
It needs belts doing, the blower I got from Bob fitting and maybe a little fettling.
Many thanks to Bob.