ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone just happen to buy a 'no issue' 1*2

Clio 182 arctic
Hey everyone.
Just thinking today really. Will have had my 182 for 5 years in Feb. Done about 60k in it.
In that time the only bits that have needed changing are; (excluding maintenance...tyres, servicing, bling etc)

2 track rod ends
rear dampers
dephaser (cambelt was conveniently due)
resistor pack

I have obviously spent a lot more than that over the years on 'upgrades' - blue led dash conversion, steering wheel re-trim, exhaust, uprated brakes, poly mounts, eibach prolines and a full suspension refresh-(just because I could, it wasn't required) plus more that I can't recall atm.

It also had a full engine rebuild back in May but that was due to a manufacturer part failure not lack of anything. It didn't cost me anything except some beer tokens for the tow to the garage. Now its sods law that states I am going to have problems now I have said that all out aloud but so far so good I think.
Anyone else bought a 'good un'?

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
You're lucky, I've had mine about 14 months and have needed:

- Alternator
- Rear shocks
- Dephaser
- Resistor pack
- Track rod ends
- Washer pump
- Lambda sensor

Also; tyres all round, brakes all round.... the usual.

On the plus side, I've replaced so much that the car is in great condition now!

3.5 Years.

Washer pump,
Headlamp washers,

Replaced out of my own interest (not required):
Exhaust,
Springs,
Wheels,

Tyres & brakes of course (and I've had it serviced when required - but not an "issue"), and other general serviceable items.

Think that's pretty much it, so I'd say I've been quite lucky imo.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
other than normal servicing and consumables, 2 injectors and that includes the previous 172 as well, so 4 years, 2 cars and 50k probably.

In nearly 3 years I've had the usual belts/dephaser/brakes/tyres etc
Also two replacement engines
Currently leaking oil
Gearbox recondition will be on the cards at somepoint as is occasionally crunches in to third under high load.
Car is on 122k, current engine aprox 75k

Arctic Blue 182
Mines be good. Had it about 5 years now and only general wear and tear apart from exhaust, cat and one injector failing :)

Of course as soon as you mention how good a car its been something will go wrong :)

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
My Clios like Triggers Broom.

All original, although it's had a new engine and gearbox.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Had my PH1 for 3.5 years.

Not needed a thing, only belts and service stuff.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Almost 4 years - PAS pump, dephaser, ball joints. Everything else was either a service item or a voluntary upgrade

Phase 2 clio 172
Had my ph2 since end of June

needs new tyres all round (my fault, not the car)
could do with oil and filter change
Xenon washers don't work
needed new rear discs and pads
circlip popped out the diff
get belt squeek when it's damp and I'm on full lock

other than that it's alright, it's coming up to 110k

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Had my 172 for 8 years now, and done about 100k in my ownership, now on 140k...

It has never broken down (needing recovering at the side of the road touches wood) I noticed a slight whine coming from the gearbox at 130k so had the box recondition, and also had a new clutch fitted at the same time (nothing wrong the original clutch mind)

At around 132k I had it on Surrey Rolling Road know for being pretty accurate, and it made 171.5bhp with just basic breathing mods. So good solid strong engine.

No expense has been spared, and I have been taking it to Rentech for the past 8 years. So it's been looked after well. I do give it hell on the track mind. But if looked after the engine and box are pretty strong IMO.

Mines been a bit of a pain in the arse, but like Fletcher it's never actually broken down. I have had to spend money on it but that's part of running a car, especially one that you like and want to keep in good nick. Hopefully the money I have put into it will see me have relativity trouble free ownership for the next few years!

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
In 3 years of ownership with my old RB needed :

Gearbox
Back Box (got a ktec jobie instead of standard)
Cat (Above)
Rear damper
Front O/S spring (replaced all with eibach)
New steering squib thingy
New heater control Panel

The PH1 on the other hand had a major service once and that was it, it never needed anything replacing other than the gearbox. Was serviced regularly and then Tracked a lot :)

Bring on the spring, il be on the look out for a decent 182.

182cup & 172 racecar
Been lucky really 8yrs

Broken spring front
Broken spring rear
Rear number plate light
Washer bottle pump
Lambder sensor

Still on original battery

Exhaust fell apart, but that goes without saying, one set of disc's changed, that's it. On 72k now.

Clio 172 phase 1 sc
I've had 3 phase 1's all needed new gearboxes! But I still love them

my current one
1 gearbox after the circlip failed I had it rebuilt and a plate over the circlip so far a top mod by agency transmissions
Then a new clutch while the gearbox was out
ball joint replaced after finding a non sport one had been fitted by previous owner
abs sensor
drivers front shock was dead replaced with coilovers
Dephaser pulley failed so new one along with cambelt kit aux belt water pump and a full service plugs oil ect
exhaust rotted so a stainless cat back
182 alloys as the oz f1's were bent
supercharged (what a good idea that was) :)
arp'ed
along with another cambelt changed and full service
its been an expensive 10 months
but it's my favorite clio I've had!

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Apart from servicing mine was pretty reliable. The only issue I had was that both the key fobs stopped working in Belgium on the way home from the Ring so I couldn't lock the car up, fortunately the engine still fired up.

MINI-R32-integrale
In 3.5 years/44,000miles with my Trophy I had to replace nothing other than routine service items like tyres 2 sets, brake discs and pads all round once, oil/filter changes, 1 36k aux belt service etc. I had the dampers rebuilt after I bought it when it had 26,000 miles on it and were still perfect when I sold it. I saw that as a bonus and part of servicing as I've yet to find a car with everlasting dampers, they all start to feel tired with age/miles. Though I changed or added some items by my own choice which cost more than the general running costs.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Had/got a few but I haven't kept any long enough to have anything go wrong. . Touch wood :)

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Over 200,000 miles covered in my Ph1 172, just the back box 'needed' replacing (a damn 350Z made me do 130 mph and that forced the issue - on track).

Had mine for 6 months, done 8,000 miles and so far -

4 Shocks
Brake discs, pads and fluid
Cambelt and dephaser
Engine and gearbox mounts
2 Headlight bulbs
Exhaust
6 Tyres
Tracking done twice.

RB 182
I bought mine in May and have done about 12,000 miles in it so far.

Touch wood, all that's gone wrong is a snapped spring and then just the usual consumables.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Had my 182 since new , almost 8 years ago and now on 47,000 miles .
Replaced exhaust as i got a good deal on an Yozza exhaust a couple of years back . 2 new Xenon bulbs a few weeks ago , the originals had started to go pink , also bought a 2nd hand bonnet a few weeks ago to replace mine which has a few dents in it . Other than normal servicing , and Aux and Cambelt service , new tyres and brakes when needed , that's all i've ever done to mine . Hope i'm not tempting fate now lol , touch wood .

Cup, Lude & Z
About 8000 into my ownership and the only thing i had to change was the speedo sensor, everything thing else has been service and belts.

Touch wood the cups been a good one.

3 1/2 years nearly 40kmiles ,only problem as of yet was the waterpump got noisy.

Obviously servicing belts and what not, but imo thats trouble free

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Had my 182 since March last year, having gearbox replaced today due to a failed diff (along with the clutch while its all out), also had to have a new rear caliper, brake senser, dogbone mount and wiring cleaned up.

On buying the car had the belts replaced, disc and pads all round, tyre all round, exhaust mounts, wiper blades. (obviously all general wear and serving bits, but all at the same time was pretty costly)

Will be looking to get the engine mounts and suspension refreshed/upgraded in the summer, once my wedding is all paid for. It's been pretty expensive so far, but got the car very cheap, so it kind of offsets the cost a bit.

Can't wait to get it back tomorrow, just hope it sails through it's MoT next month.

Bought my Ph1 Flamer whilst drunk on Ebay for a laugh around a year ago. Was expecting it to be horrendously unreliable and break every weekend.

10k miles in, other than consumables it's never gone wrong. Who said french cars are unreliable? Coming from VAG/ BMW I'm pleasantly surprised :)

ph2 172
Had my 172FF 10 years this month, apart from servicing and consumables like tyres and brakes. had quite a few little things but nothing major, unless you count your alternator bursting into flames on the M6 as major.

Exhaust fell off; replaced with yozza
3 Alternators
2 windscreen washer pumps
leaking washer bottle
Heater fan controller
Heater fan motor
Front Springs
Rear Shocks
CV boot clips
all Engine Mounts
A/C O-rings
melted Steering wheel.