ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone ever regretted a modification ?

Disastra Coupe
Coilovers - any set ive ever had on any road car! way too harsh for the uk roads, by far the best sus setup i had was on my SC saxo, Decent springs on bilstein dampers!

Ktec unsilenced exhaust - was a good idea for a week, then regretted it there after!

I've been in LOT'S of 106's and Saxo's with Bilsteins and always thought the ride was harsh. The owner's tend to agree as well lol.

Clio Sport 172 ITB
hmmm i wish i never had the car itb'd..... ever since it aint been 100% right and thats about 4 years ago... when it works its fine but when its playing up and decides it only wants to cough and splutter its way to work.... NEVER again will i do this kind of modding...

Z4 Coupe
I bought white 2118's, Loved the look. Loved cleaning them for the first week. Hated day after day from then on.

Fortunately, i sold them for exactly what i paid and didnt have to change the tyres. Free tyres for 6months y0

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I wish I'd gone for the standard K-Tec stealth over the supersport unsilenced version. It was £80 cheaper though, hence why I bought it.

Love that 3k drone on the motorway.....

They ALL drone like f**k mate. BTB is what you need.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Window tints in the 90's on a mini cooper....only to get pulled and told to remove at the roadside.......took me 3 hours ;-(

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I bought white 2118's, Loved the look. Loved cleaning them for the first week. Hated day after day from then on.

Fortunately, i sold them for exactly what i paid and didnt have to change the tyres. Free tyres for 6months y0

White wheels are a f**king nightmare to keep clean TBF.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I expected your post to be : Fitted gaz coilovers, lasted a week, dumped there oil on first night, were s**t.

;)
erased from my memory, it was a very bad experience!

But some kevs say gaz are fine, so they're good, right?

2010 Jetta TDi 140
Ktec Stealth Supersport! I had to do a 260 mile motorway journey last week and I still feel like I have been stood next to a speaker in a night club for a week! Also, I don't seem to be able to get it very 'Stealth' like. It's currently melting my rear bumper so getting it looked at tomorrow.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Loved all my mods I did to my 1.2; dampers, williams springs, exhaust/inlet mods, alloys, dash lights color conversion and so on (even including the tow bar!)... Once I tried adding spacers onto the hubs to make it a bit wider, but as soon as i drove it i didnt like it so took it off again. Surely thats what you would do if you dont like the effect, reverse it?

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Gaz coilovers on my 205mi16. We're soooo uncomfortable. Lasted 2 months before I fitted gti-6 shocks and Eibach springs. Much better. Apart from that, not really, and I've done a few! Although many when I was 20-24, before serious girlfriends and a son.

No car
4" Powerflow On My Gold VTR! Was a good idea untill two days later when i realised IT WAS SOO FU**NG LOUD! To come down my road i had to be in neutral for it not to wake everyone up! That Car Nearly Got Me An Asbo!

(Slyly do Miss It though)
IMG00135-20110624-1150.jpg
[/IMG]

MK2 Clio
Had a mini with a push start button (59 plate) so wanted one of my clio. Just want a normal f**king key now...