ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

any young drivers

Clio 1.4 16v
alrite, im 18 years old and have 1 years no claims but want to upgrade to a 172 but insurance is kinda stopping me at the moment. so i fort it was worth a ask if any1 knows a insurance company who would quote me for a 172 but not paying a stupid amount and suggestions would be great

thanks loz,

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
brent acre number is 01792650933 mine is £1995 fully comp with all mods declared on my 200 and im 19

BMW M Lite
Try adding your Dad/Mum as a named driver on your policy.

May sound stupid but thats what I did when I was younger (not that I'm old now!) and it saved me a couple of hundred quid each time.

Worth a try at least...

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
My younger brother (19 1yncb) just got his with Keith Michaels for a good price, they used to insure me years ago on my plusar gtir.

Evo
Adriun Flux are rubbish IMO!

I use Admiral, they were by far cheaper than anyone else. But at the end of the day your going to be paying out your arse wherever you go so just accept that.

Mini Cooper S
Hi mate,

When I was 19, I added my mate who was 24 at the time and I also added my mates g/f who was 25 at the time. This helped alot!

Crappy work hire car
Personally I'd go on confused.com and then play with the excess slider and find one that works for me.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Simple answer is you'll be paying a massive premium until you reach 21, then you'll be paying a large premium until you reach 25, then you'll pay slightly less each year.

Either that or just drive without insurance. It's only a £600 fine and 6 points. Everyone's doing it these days.

Try adding your Dad/Mum as a named driver on your policy.

May sound stupid but thats what I did when I was younger (not that I'm old now!) and it saved me a couple of hundred quid each time.

Worth a try at least...

agreed. i always add both my parents as named drivers. Brings it down atleast 100 quid for me and im 22. So id assume savings maybe larger for younger driver.

i would wait a bit to get a 1*2 as those figures seem silly for insurance.

1.2 Clio 16v
put it this way, my mate who is 17 is paying 2800 for a 1.4 polo! but he could get cheaper insurance on a saxo vtr! my insurance on my 1.2 clio will be around 980 with my dad added on the insurance so i'm smiling :)

Im 19 and will have 1 years NCB in July. So im in the same boat as you.

Ive heard adriun Flux are good if your actually modify your car?? Yeah modifiying decreases the insurance premium with them lol.

Any way, let me know howmuch you pay in the end. Because in july i will be getting a 172 too.

clio 197
im 19 have a 197 with all mods declaired i pay 400 a year :)

i cheated and work for my dad every so oftain so as im on the pay roll he put me on the company policy :) :)

i can have anything up to group 18 for 400 a year. so it works out cheaper insurance wise to get an 18 rather than a 1 lol

then i also get anything up to 20 including farrairs litrally anything for 1k a year :_)

Corsa

i cheated and work for my dad every so oftain so as im on the pay roll he put me on the company policy :) :)

i can have anything up to group 18 for 400 a year. so it works out cheaper insurance wise to get an 18 rather than a 1 lol

then i also get anything up to 20 including farrairs litrally anything for 1k a year :_)

God help us... :slap:

E90

f**k the Ferrari a dictionary would be a start.

Fabia vrs tdi
I can't believe how much some people pay for insurance, I'd never pay over 1k.

They did say the reason it was so high was due to cars being so easy to steal and even though it's all changed they still feel the need to seriously take the piiiss outa ppl

Golf MK6 GT TDI
I can't believe how much some people pay for insurance, I'd never pay over 1k.

They did say the reason it was so high was due to cars being so easy to steal and even though it's all changed they still feel the need to seriously take the piiiss outa ppl

I thought it was so high because young drivers + fast cars always results in a a big accident?

BMW M135I
But surely females of any age are very highly likely to crash though? ;)
Yeah, two older versions of the cnuts have gone into me in my old car which puts mine up.

I hate the fact how a non fault accident cant put your premiums up all because one company found that been in a non fault accident leads to a certain percentage been involved in a fault crash within a year or something like that.

Well, breaking news to them, 2 1/2 years later and i havent been in a fault accident (touches wood) but does my premium go down due to it......NOPE.