ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any Powerpoint Guru's

Ph2 172
Got a bit of a problem with a file.

I created a presentation last week at uni in Powerpoint 2003. Opened it and did some work on another PC with power point 2000 - worked on slide layout and added some comments.

Not trying to open it on a 3rd PC with Powerpoint 2003 and it can't open it, says it can't read the file, despite it saying that it is a power point file and saying that Power Point is the program that it will use to open it.

I still have the origional copy of it - before i did the work on 2000. That seems fine on this PC, and can be opened.

I don't understand it - never had this kind of problem before. I should be able to get back on the PC running 2000 tomorrow, so might be able to finish it there, but really need to be able to open it on this pc.

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
Best advise is when you save it in powerpoint you get a choice of "save as file type" in this you can save it as the earlier version of powerpoint. It'softena problem to save a file as the latestest version of software and the old won't open it. Where as the new will always open the old.

Hope this helps dude

Ph2 172
That was the problem, the new wouldn't open the file after it had been modified on the old.

Turns out, it was a Microsoft f£*& up, they knew about it, and had a downloadable fix for the problem. All sorted. Which was good, as the file in question was my final University project presentation, would have been a serious drama if i had lost it!