ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any ideas whats wrong?

172/A4 Tdi
Afternoon all,

Last night after a slight loss of power, My 172 is making a knocking noise when under power. It's pretty much silent on tickover but then starts to make a knock when you put some revs through it. Someone has suggested TDC sensor or something - But I'm fearful its the dreaded 'bottom end' issues! Oil seems a little low too, given the warning light hasn't come on - which is leading me to think possible oil starvation and the big ends shat itself.

Any thoughts? I'll have it on a Bosch KTS by tonight hopefully, so place your bets now! Lol.

Mike.

172/A4 Tdi
...although nobody had guessed - 100% bottom end haha. Anyone suggest a good Renault breaker to get a reliable Engine from? All help appreciated :)

172/A4 Tdi
I'd seen them on ebay - but the engines they're selling are of a higher mileage and a good £200 more than the private ones. Just wonder if its worth taking the risk for no warranty or spending the extra.