ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

any clios with fancyplates?

Clio 1.2
ordered mine today :)

not the really chavvy ones though...

just wondering what some look like on clios?

Clio 1.2
the one i've ordered is the normal size but just with a slightly different font and border with small renault logo at the bottom.
by chavvy i meant the ones with obvious illegal fonts :)

1.4 phase 1
ahhhh think i walked past your car the other louism, or i could've imangined it i was drunk.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
flamesuit.jpg

clio 182 black /gold
I bought these from fancyplates back in 2002. If you look close there is a Vauxhall emblem on the plate. It has passed MOT's for years.
DSC_9077.jpg

Barge
TBH, I guess if you stick them on with heavy duty Velcro pads you can swap them easily if you get hassle from the Po Po or with when MOTing. So just keep your original plates to swap with. (Velcro pads come from Halfrauds @ OP)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Right, what size are those plates which fill the entire recess? And where can I get them from?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Can you get the ones that fit the recess that have the correct size font and are legal?

Short & sweet but disappointing answer is NO.

If you get the thinner plate but still have the correct font size then your margins aren't correct :(

The smallest you can have legally is the standard size plate

200 FF Storm Grey
3/4 or gtfo imo

Police pulled me other week and had a copper walk round the car checking everything out, must of give it a good looking over as he pointed out my front tyres were newer than my rear (I knew this as they're my tyres...) but anyway he didn't flag up the plate, so providing it's normal style font I think you'd be pretty unlucky to be pulled up for it.

A Flamin' Red one
Indeed. Follow the guide :)

Mine are 'standard' but for being narrow enough for the recess at the front. Makes a big difference to the front of the car surprisingly and subtle enough to not attract unwanted attention...

4303103237_c8545a3c92_b.jpg