ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another entry into 200+ (RS2&197)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Thats exactly the problem to be honest, clio's are good value for money how they come out the box, after owning 3 clio's now including the turbo I bought off you I'd rather go elsewhere now, next project being a zlet corsa. The money you spend getting such small gains just isn't worth it.

Zlet corsa is a nice road car and ok for occasional trackdays etc too. Hope it goes well sorting one mate.

182 Turbo
Oh grow up, clearly he means bought. Join a spelling forum if you want to chat about the finer details of the English language.

Maybe I was asking where he bought it from? Maybe if you weren't so up tight and defensive chip you wouldn't be ready for an argument with anyone and anyone. Calm down a bit.

edit: and thanks, I hope it goes well too lol.
if I had spare time I would actually have a go at the conversion myself, as a very slow project but at the same time the drive in drive out conversion with warren G is only 3 grand, which is like an RS2 and some brembo's for a clio, just cost too much too tune tbh.

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Maybe I was asking where he bought it from? Maybe if you weren't so up tight and defensive chip you wouldn't be ready for an argument with anyone and anyone. Calm down a bit.

am perfectly calm but very bored of people ruining good threads with spelling lessons.

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup
Chip. Do the exhausts make much difference? If so, in what part of the rev range?

We have 2.5" ktR stealth on ours. Twin box plus a sports cat. Sounds too quiet on track and wonder if it might help our top end revs with the centre box removed.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Chip. Do the exhausts make much difference? If so, in what part of the rev range?

We have 2.5" ktR stealth on ours. Twin box plus a sports cat. Sounds too quiet on track and wonder if it might help our top end revs with the centre box removed.

Mine feels the same, or if anything, better now it has a sports CAT with an Orbisoud than it did with an RS192 decat.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Very hard to put figures to it mate without actually bothering to roller the same car with several different exhausts on, I'm just expecting it to make a bit less as it said I don't know if it will be 5bhp less or 10bhp less.

I know mine felt alot more free top end with the Yozza compared to the Prospeed it had on previously.

Actually Thinking about it that was the only fundamental change between the 192 and the 197 runs.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
imagejpeg

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
New to the market for the F4R 172/182 engine! Billet performance camshafts from only £999 FITTED* including FULL cambelt kit and FULL aux belt kit!

After recent testing we've seen peak power up over 190bhp and torque over 160lbsft on a STANDARD 182 remapped to suit!

check out the torque figure at 3000rpm!
GT_Racing_Cams_182_Trophy_Test_With_Map_190_5bhp.jpg

you can add on a dephaser pulley to this package for £175

Note - the car will have to be remapped by TDF or RS Tuning, but is perfectly safe to drive without a map (short term)

So if your car is in need of a cambelt change or has a rattling dephaser why not add a set of cams!

Price includes VAT and 12months warranty

0121-783-6692

*(note this is an intoductry offer, normal retail price will be £1099)

Why does the rs2 lose torque over just cams as per above?

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
I assume people are using 197 cams because they are cheap? What sort of results would you expect to see with a car with 438's and a RS2? I'm currently sitting at 190bhp/162lb ft peak (150lb ft throughout range), and the £900 for cams already made me a little weak at the knees, i think after another £1000 i would be a little dissapointed with 200bhp and less torque :rasp:

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
New to the market for the F4R 172/182 engine! Billet performance camshafts from only £999 FITTED* including FULL cambelt kit and FULL aux belt kit!

After recent testing we've seen peak power up over 190bhp and torque over 160lbsft on a STANDARD 182 remapped to suit!

Note - the car will have to be remapped by TDF or RS Tuning, but is perfectly safe to drive without a map (short term)

So if your car is in need of a cambelt change or has a rattling dephaser why not add a set of cams!

0121-783-6692

Go away.

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
I assume people are using 197 cams because they are cheap? What sort of results would you expect to see with a car with 438's and a RS2? I'm currently sitting at 190bhp/162lb ft peak (150lb ft throughout range), and the £900 for cams already made me a little weak at the knees, i think after another £1000 i would be a little dissapointed with 200bhp and less torque :rasp:

Tbh mate. You would have to spend a lot of money as I'm sure the standard injectors couldn't supply the fuel you would need.

So you would have to fit bigger injectors and rather than tweaking the fuel map, it would need to be totally re written.

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
If you really can't see where the gains are after all the explanations, just except the fact your not clever enough to understand engines, how the make power, the relation between torque, RPM and BHP.

Just leave it to people who do!

182 Turbo
The torque figure peaks earlier on RS2's and holds it throughout the range, but you guys are acting like those cams are laggy as s**t when they are actually not, you got over 150lbft at just under 3000 rpm but starts dropping after 5500 but still makes over 140lbft until 6500 rpm.
yeecup does have a point

Last edited:

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Glad that's cleared it up then. Let's leave aucky and nick and mike and chip to it.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
To answer your question and give you the benefit of the doubt that you are asking a serious question not just being a troll again:

The rs2 hasn't lost anything as that wasn't there on the standard car, it merely hasn't gained it in the same place, the reason for this is the cams aren't as long duration using 172 or 197 cams.

Likewise the reason the 438 have lost out massively compared to mikes at 7500rpm isn't a case of the cams have actually lost compared to standard they merely haven't gained as much as the standard inlet restricts them too much.

0121-783-6692

Status
Not open for further replies.