ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Announcement- Please Read

clio sport mk1 golf

urm sorry to hear about this. i dont know you but thank you for making this a nice club.

car? need a license 1st!

W & K - I can personally understand the grief you two have endured during your time as chair persons. Having run a forum myself, I know its not the easiest thing in the world, and no matter what type of forum, or what rules are laid down, you still get assholes that "hide" behind thier computers. This, I know, spoils things for those genuine users who are here to converse about Clios (which is what the site if for, iirc?). Its a minority that any forum on the internet is bound to have. So this is a massive thanks for all the hard work and effort you two have put into the club and the site.

I know Im only a forum user at the moment, but with new memberships not being taken, I cannot become a member. Im not bitching about this, merely stating a fact. I WILL sign up for the club, and pay the full fee as soon as its possible to.

Ive not been here so long myself, but in the time Ive been here, ive had invaluable advice about my car(s) and chatted (+ met) some awsome people. This, I am extremely thankful for. Its obvious that there is a serious amount of support for the club and forum as a whole by all the thank you messages that have been posted, and the amount of Clios there are going to FCS this weekend is a testiment to how strong this club still is. Dont let a few uptight, snobby people ruin what is possibly THE best car club around (also the biggest?)

Once again, thanks for all the time you guys have put into the club, and I wish you all the best in your future endevours (spelling? :D)

I think its not fair to say "I personally think that loosing the non members is not going to be a great loss to the club". Everybody has to start as a non member and what you say seems like you want to start a new Rotary club with only selected people. Thats a wrong attitude. Its not a Ferrari club people

This is all very different than in Belgium. I cant imagine 1 carclub you have to pay for. They just kick you out. But if they make it possible to pay again, then I will do that, only because I have respect for the owners their work in here and not because the quality of posts is that professional.

And I never posted anything thats not related to Clio

[Edited by Markske1 on 28 May 2005 at 9:53am]

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

My computer has been down for a few months so I have not been keeping up to date with the impending implosion of the site.

I think that without the discussion forum there would be no cliosport.net and basically this site is all about the forum. When i sign on I go to the forum and there is no better place to get idvice and ideas about clios.

When I first came onto to this site about a year ago I thought it was great and my only real beef with people on the forum is the constant criticism there seemed to be about speeding about 3 months ago. I do beleive there is a minority of people who are just on here to sl*g people off and stuff but unfortunatly thats the way of the world.

I dont know Wayne and Kathy and didnt know what they did etc but they did a good job of running this club and of course its a shame to see them go.

In my opinion they should as has been said above make this a members only post site and a read only site for the non - members. Get rid of the off topic forum cos only about 5 people ever post on there. Make the yearly fee about £20 notes a year - at the end of the day its only 1.50 a month.

Also maybe have a vote about members only posts???

Anyways, it would be a shame for this club if it went down the toilet but I dont like the thought of these "last chances" and things like that. To be honest it just reminds me a lot of when I was at school. I dont think we need to go as drastic as that.

P.s If it shuts down do I get a pro -rata refund for my years membership?

Clio RS 172

Im SO sorry to hear that it still are posible for the minority to kill the good times for people really doing an effort !

Best wishes to Wayne and Kathy, and to the cliosport admins.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

never meant wayne and kathy but i get the impression there good people and i wish them all the best.

i havent really posted on here for a long time as the forum i felt went downhill about 6 months ago. there is lots of bickering and maybe the forums need updating so posts go in the correct topics and to stop all these repetative posts all the time. used to find the mechanical forum interesting but now its the same questions all the time and its just got boring. i do think the track day forum was an improvement though. i also think it would be a shame to fully shut down the club as it would be a waste of a lot of peoples time and effort that it has consumed over the years. maybe surveys or something to find the problems,eliminate them and bring it back up to what it used to be. im sure the majority of people would miss this club i mean just look at your fcs turnout,very impressive. was going to say hi at fcs but all the people i got to know just dont seem to be around anymore. best wishes to the admin team and lets hope they can sort everything out.

jay

car? need a license 1st!

I have to agree there.

This club is far from dead, the FCS turnout proved that (Cliosport having the second biggest turnout of the show, only beaten by PGAC).

It would be a shame to see such a healthy and useful club/forum go down because of a few bitchy people.

BMW 320d Sport

Exactly. And I loved your hi-viz waistcoat on the day Chewy - nice to meet you pal and hope you enjoyed your track time.

Quote: Originally posted by Chewy on 31 May 2005
I have to agree there.

This club is far from dead, the FCS turnout proved that (Cliosport having the second biggest turnout of the show, only beaten by PGAC).

It would be a shame to see such a healthy and useful club/forum go down because of a few bitchy people.

nice to meet you chewy.

:)

you owe me a few pints for that sticker ;-)

;-)

/y0z

Suzuki SV650

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 03 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Chewy on 31 May 2005

I have to agree there.

nice to meet you chewy.

:)

you owe me a few pints for that sticker ;-)

;-)

/y0z
And you can buy me a beer for the toe-ing eye ;-)

jk

Steve.