ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity suggestions for CSF24

Chose your preferred charity for CSF24

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
We are looking for suggestions for the chosen charity for CSF24

Once we have a list I’ll create a poll so you can vote for the one you’d like to choose.

Also if you know of any businesses that might be willing to donate raffle prizes we’d really appreciate if you could make contact with them on our behalf.

Thanks.

Admin Team

997.1, Caddy, e208
I can donate 20 free Starbucks Coffee vouchers as a singlular prize, potentially more by the time the event comes around.
It should help the winner get on the property ladder, if it's not @dann2707 of course.

If you create a thread for that (I think you normally do) - can you move this there?

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Personally, I'd love to support https://www.stroke.org.uk/ as I've witnessed first hand the difference this organisation makes. Two of my mechanics came very close to loosing their lives, as has a sponsor as a result of a stroke. The support they received afterwards meant they're still here to tell their story and spend time with loved ones.

I'm willing to contribute as much as I can source between now and the date prize wise. We knabbed a hell of a lot last time and only had a week to sort all that 😂

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
My suggestion is going to be Great Ormond street parent and child support charity.

When my first born was in there they gave us accommodation right next to the hospital which meant we could take it in turn to sit with the little one.

A walk through the wards in the hospital really is a HUGE eye opener and used to have me in bits.

A great charity

997.1, Caddy, e208
Naturally I'm going to offer up British Liver Trust as a potential charity.

Contrary to popular belief, not everyones liver disease is self inflicted, but even if it is these guys offer fantastic support for those in need, most certainly from a mental health perspective.
It's a challenging place to be and having that emotional support and advice available is an immeasurable benefit.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I’d like to suggest https://www.mndassociation.org/

One of our service advisors sadly lost her husband to this disease. As soon as he was diagnosed, she left work and was on full pay from the company we work for. She would come into work to see us all, and despite everything that was going on, she was always smiling and bringing us all sweet treats.

She lost her husband within 18 months of diagnosis, and she also returned to work 1 week after her husbands funeral.

And despite everything she’s gone through, there she is at work, smiling and just getting on with life.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I’d like to suggest https://www.mndassociation.org/

One of our service advisors sadly lost her husband to this disease. As soon as he was diagnosed, she left work and was on full pay from the company we work for. She would come into work to see us all, and despite everything that was going on, she was always smiling and bringing us all sweet treats.

She lost her husband within 18 months of diagnosis, and she also returned to work 1 week after her husbands funeral.

And despite everything she’s gone through, there she is at work, smiling and just getting on with life.

Very worth cause, folk don't realise just how debilitating MND is.

A friend of mine was diagnosed in 2019 while serving in the army, he's now non-verbal and requires round the clock care. Lovely lad and his family are bloody amazing. It cuts me up knowing he might not be here next year.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Refugee Action or The Christie would be my input

Already donate to these

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
Another vote for MND from me. A mate and colleague was diagnosed in 2020. He’s on a slow trajectory which sadly prolongs the suffering for him and his wife and families.
Been non verbal for a while now. Can’t move a muscle by himself and confined to a chair. It’s a horrible horrible disease.
The suffering is close to pushing his wife over the edge and she’s now under the crisis team after experimenting with ending her life with his hoist.
The MND charity have been superb and offered so much help, guidance and assistance in their hour (years) of need.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Thanks to all of you that voted for this years charity.

The clear winner is Great Ormond Street. It’s a very very worthy cause and I can say from personal experience the work they do to support families is absolutely incredible.

If I can I’ll give some more details of my experience on the day so that it can put in the perspective just how important this charity is to me.

Just to add, if anyone has any ideas of companies we can contact for raffle prizes please drop me a PM.

R x

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Thanks to all of you that voted for this years charity.

The clear winner is Great Ormond Street. It’s a very very worthy cause and I can say from personal experience the work they do to support families is absolutely incredible.

If I can I’ll give some more details to my experience on the day so that it can put in the perspective just how important this charity is to me.

Just to add, if anyone has any ideas of companies we can contact for raffle prizes please drop me a PM.

R x
I’ll have an ask around at work see if I can grab something Ron.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I'm a product manager at a big electronics distributor and manage all of the test equipment, tools etc (tool kits, DMMs, distance meters), I'll see if I can get a few bits signed off from stock, I'll ping you a msg if I can!