ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Android - complete noob

MK3 Sport Tourer TCE
After 6 years of using only iPhones I recently bought an htc one M8 as it was on a great offer at Vodafone.

I've unlocked it by buying a code on eBay and its accepted my EE sim no problem.

The main issue I've got is the amount of s**t Vodafone have preloaded onto the phone, is there a way of resetting it back to how it left the factory without any of this useless extra crap? Thanks in advance.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
You can go into settings and then apps and delete stuff that way. Not sure if this is the correct way of doing is but that's what I've done before.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Delete loads of stuff. It's quite simple. Maybe use a new launcher as doesn't it use sense?

Good phones tbf. Download clean master and greenify which will really help keep it running nice.

You may find that a lot of the Vodafone applications are system applications which means they cannot be easily removed normally without rooting the device - this is why I avoid carrier Android devices like the f**king plague because all that carrier nonsense is pre-loaded into the rom whether you like it or not. It's a real shame because carrier for years have ruined what could be an excellent phone experience.

Anyway it all depends how technical you are / want to be.

Personally I love the techy modding side to Android and if you're willing to install a custom rom you could have a very clean and exceptionally fast phone with potentially lots of features that HTC don't enable by default.