ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

An evening in London

So here's my shots from our little meet.

DSC5275.jpg

DSC5287.jpg

DSC5304.jpg

DSC5295.jpg

Untitled_HDR2.jpg

DSC5328.jpg

A few more on my site: http://www.danfreemanphotography.com/blog/2012/02/an-evening-in-london/

T'was a good evening chaps, although it was bloody cold....probably the reason I didn't take quite as many photos as I thought I would.

Until next time......

Meg 225
Really like the one with the big ben in it! Other ones look great to as usual!

Dan what tripod do you use when walking around and how do you carry it with you? I have a Manfrotto 055XPROB with 496RC2 ballhead and as i do have a backpack where i can hang it on too, it is quite heavy

Last edited:
Awesome mate

Second ones a stunner as is the light trails shot mate, very nice work!!

I might be inclined to remove the lens flare from the sky part of it though, should be easily clonable. I have gone back over my tower bridge trails shot and spent an hour in PS yesterday cloning out the flare and 'light mess' before sticking it on 500px.

I 'kin love London for photos, its especially stunning at night!

Last edited:

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Show Off! ...Awesome shots Dan! I am just sat making final changes to mine at the minute, will post them shortly.

I wanted to do a lot more light trail shots, but after taking that shot I realised that I should have left to catch the train 15mins ago! So I legged it in hope.....

Next time....

Looking forward to seeing your shots Matt :)

Nice Matt! Really crisp and sharp photos.

Love the last one, if only you caught a double decker going though, that would have made for a nice effect.

Hope you enjoyed the evening, well...as much as we could have done in that cold lol!

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Cheers Dan! :)

I really enjoyed it, I might head up there again in the next few weeks and have another go, I am going to invest in some filters before I go next time so I can get some shots before its dark.

Oil Burner
Awesome shots guys. Editing these i am certainly regretting the amount of time spent on ISO 50! Got to say i did really enjoy the outing although i think there is vast room for improvement on my part (and the weathers!). I may well have to give this another go once it warms up a touch.

Like Matt i think i will invest in some filters. They will also be useful for my motorsports photography - so i can maintain I'm not turning into a landscape photographer that way ;)

1. Favourite of the evening i think.

Londonphotographymeet-5247-L.jpg

Londonphotographymeet-5254-L.jpg

3. I can't settle on the editing for this one or decide if the people are too distracting...

Londonphotographymeet-5235-2-L.jpg

Londonphotographymeet-5256-L.jpg

5. I'm really undecided about this shot. I wish i had shot it much wider like Matt.

Londonphotographymeet-5185-L.jpg

Last edited:
That must be the equivalent of your marmite shot lol! I do like it though, looks very different to any 'normal' shots.

Liking the ones of the Shard too.

Good to hear you had a good time, see there is more to photography than just motor sports ;-)

Really nice pics guys really interested in the camera setting you were using for some of these shots, im yet to try out long exposure times for light trails etc I love the one of big ben.

Really like the one with the big ben in it! Other ones look great to as usual!

Dan what tripod do you use when walking around and how do you carry it with you? I have a Manfrotto 055XPROB with 496RC2 ballhead and as i do have a backpack where i can hang it on too, it is quite heavy

Sorry Paul , missed this.

I have a manfrotto 055CLB and 141RC head. It's pretty heavy, but compared to my camera and lens, it's damn light! The whole thing is pretty damn heavy but there's no alternative really.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Nice shot Brazo! I have got a few more to pop up but I am undecided on them! I will put them up this afternoon.

Dan what filter holder/system are you using I am shopping about and its getting confusing, I have found a 9 stop screw in ND which I might give a go if the systems are to expensive.

Meg 225
Sorry Paul , missed this.

I have a manfrotto 055CLB and 141RC head. It's pretty heavy, but compared to my camera and lens, it's damn light! The whole thing is pretty damn heavy but there's no alternative really.

Ok mine is around same size and weight, i guess if you want a sturdy tripod you need the weight to make it sturdy lol

Arctic Blue FF 182
Some fantastic photo's! I must get to London again to do some photo's, only ever been once to shoot in Docklands.