ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alternator query.

'12 Clio 1.2 TomTom
Hey guys.

Quick background to the car - Ive had my MK3 since June, and it's had a few problems. Most noticeably was the air con making a weird whistling noise, quite loud. After three different garages, that's apparently been rectified by putting the correct compressor pump on (with Renaut HQ's advice) - different to factory shipped and to the one replaced at first instance. There was a pipe and bolts loose going to the air con which cause a knocking noise, probably from when I first took it in. I also had some starting issues, with EML on at accessory then turns off with engine on. This has apparently been fixed by replacing all spark plugs? Don't get the car back until tomorrow.

Basically I'm concerned that my alternator is on its way out and was wondering if i could get a bit of advice off you guys. They've given me a replacement car (Twingo 1.2) for time being and it's the same age as mine. So I had a look at the alternator on the twingo to compare it with mine. Since I've had my clio the visible outer coil looks like its melting / burning away. Now on the same age twingo, it looks perfect no blackness. The picture below, is this normal for a 3/4 month old alternator to look like?

ABAA4192-81A4-42E9-BDC7-87AF36E044B0-25516-0000150310A218A3.jpg